Kentucky UC Again and I am FRANTIC MOMMA PLEASE HELP=( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I am new here but need some help, I think.

Well this as of Monday is my second UP/UC here in Louisville KY. My DF and I STILL have not registered our first son yet but were wanting to try and register our second early now instead of waiting. I have read over the guidelines in registering but we do not have a video of our second being born or pics, that is one of the options listed as evidence of live birth. SO now our only option is to have someone "examine" him and to get some sort of "evidence" he was born alive. Yesterday I called several HD and was looking to get the PKU test done and what not but all I got was, you need to go to the hospital and get examined for yourself and the baby!!=( I got no help what so ever and the office of vital statistics claims that I can not register the birth its the "hospital or the midwife"!=( I am not taking my healthy little man into any germy hospital just to have CPS called on me or to possibly get an infection of some sort myself. Hospitals are for sick people not for a healthy woman who gave birth to a healthy baby. So sorry for long venting session, so sad and in tears, what should I do ladies?

#2 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since CPMs can't sign birth certificates in KY, I think asking one of your local CPMs what they have their clients do would be your best bet. Up in NKy, near where I am, people have had no problems going into the Dept. of Health. They just call and make an appointment. Perhaps the CPM could provide you with Proof of Live Birth and the met screen if you contact one.

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#3 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

You need to bring vital stats a birth record and newborn exam form, that's what we brought after our homebirth. Ask Juliet Dietsch for blank forms maybe, or copy the forms out of the back of Heart and Hands. I have a copy of that book and am local, PM me if you want a some help or email me jcgillies@att.net . Juliet might be able to give you the filter paper form to send in for newborn screening, but it has to be done right at 1-3 days or it's useless I think, so you need to get it done NOW if you are going to. PM me if you want the midwife's number.

Treat it as a normal homebirth, the midwives aren't liscenced here so legally it works the same. There is ONE lady who works there who knows the drill for personally registering your homebirth. They get over 300 a year.

We did visit a pediatrician a couple days after the birth just for an initial checkup. I can't recommend who we used to see because their policies changed, but can recommend Highlands Family Medical. A record from them will also help your evidence if you go there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page