Where is everyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-21-2012, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is this forum usually so quiet?

It looks like it used to be really busy but in the last few weeks of researching UC and deciding on it (if all is well of course) I've hardly seen any new posts.

Am I missing something?

treehugger.gif

Natural Parenting Guidelines

Learn more about Natural Parenting, Holistic Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Baby Wearing, Cosleeping, Non-Vaccination and Baby Led Feeding/Weaning.

Got something you're passionate about? Come write an article for us and link back to your blog! 

#2 of 12 Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 AM

Things are just sort of slow. I'm here. :)

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#3 of 12 Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 AM

Wondering the same thing..I'm here though!  10 days till EDD!  I'm UCing, so hopefully there will be a new story posted here soon! 

#4 of 12 Old 08-21-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afr2010 View Post

Wondering the same thing..I'm here though!  10 days till EDD!  I'm UCing, so hopefully there will be a new story posted here soon! 

congrats and definitely post your story! best wishes!

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#5 of 12 Old 08-21-2012, 05:56 PM

here!

#6 of 12 Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM

I'm here too mama :)

It has been pretty quiet over here as of late, but there's a definite handful of us here!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#7 of 12 Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 AM

I'm here too. I'm always lurking in the shadows. =D I'm not preg right now, though. I'm just ttc against the odds. So, I rarely have anything to contribute. ;)

You must be SO excited, RM. What kind of birth are you planning? (UC, obviously...but water, or lotus, or just planning to go with your instincts in the moment, or what?) 

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#8 of 12 Old 08-23-2012, 09:36 PM

im here, still waiting for the baby to come.  i think its got to be soon

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#9 of 12 Old 08-24-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Sharlla, I hope it goes nice and easy for you!

Icorrigible - I had a waterbirth last time so I will keep the pool ready to go for the next. I also had a lotus birth. Although this time I imagine cutting the cord, I don't know why, it's just there in my mind and I've come to terms with it. Maybe I will need to for some reason, or maybe I will eat the placenta this time and see what that's like!

At the time I will just go with my instincts and birth land/water, whatever feels right. 

treehugger.gif

Natural Parenting Guidelines

Learn more about Natural Parenting, Holistic Pregnancy, Breastfeeding, Baby Wearing, Cosleeping, Non-Vaccination and Baby Led Feeding/Weaning.

Got something you're passionate about? Come write an article for us and link back to your blog! 

#10 of 12 Old 08-24-2012, 09:40 AM

Sharila - How exciting!!!!

RM - That sounds like a great plan. I'm a huge proponent of following your gut and trusting your body. It may not make sense at the time, but looking back you usually realize there was a good reason for those instincts. When my son was little, my breastmilk was CRAZY fattening. I would get clogged ducts, and if I put it in the fridge it would get chunks of fat floating around. Ds was super chubby and in like the 99th percentile in weight. Luckily, he was in about the 80th for height, so the dr didn't pressure me to do anything stupid. Back then, I did whatever the dr wanted. =/ Well, when ds was about 18 months old, he developed a rare blood disorder. One of the side effects was loss of appetite. He lost 10 lbs! Good thing he had all that weight on him, because he just dropped down to the lower end of the weight charts but not off them. He overcame the worst of the blood disorder by his second birthday, but has been a lean kid ever since. (until puberty. now he's got a very athletic build. it's kind of unnervingly manly. lol) 

Anyway, the point of all that was supposed to be encouragement that you are doing right by yourself and your child to trust what your body is asking for (cutting the cord or not, water birth, whatever it may be).

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#11 of 12 Old 08-24-2012, 02:47 PM

Hello wave.gif I'm sort of new here (been lurking for awhile).  I've had 2 UC's and if we have another, it'll either be another UC or a home birth with a midwife.  If anyone has questions about deciding to UC or planning for one, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

#12 of 12 Old 09-02-2012, 03:39 PM

I pop in to see what is going on now and then as well.  I am not pg right now (just had a chemical) but hope to UC in the future.  I love reading all the stories and experiences.  I understand the need to just not tell anyone you are even in labor until it is "too late" and the baby is born.  Unless there is some real reason for me to not UC, that will be my plan. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page