encouragement? advice? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Today is my due date, I never thought I'd make it this far.  Since week 34 I've been having very regular BH contractions (at least one every hour, on the hour) This is my second pregnancy and my first was born at 39 weeks 3 days, so just the fact that I didn't go early has me an emotional wreck!  The past three nights I've been getting very strong, close contractions and then they'd just go away as soon as I'd fall asleep.  I've been doing positivity everything to get labor going and STAY but nothing is working.  When the apple's ripe it will fall off the tree, right? I'm already exhausted and labor hasn't even started yet!  Every night I make sure the house is nice and clean, make sure my birthing supplies are ready, etc.  Anyone have a trick up their sleeve to get labor rolling?  

On top of my eager anticipation, the OB's I see (uc-ing, not up-ing) are even more stress causing.  So far it's been smooth sailing, but now of course that I'm "over-due" in their book, they want to schedule an ultrasound for amniotic fluid levels and a non stress test.  I'm completely opposed to both of them, but didn't think I'd even have to worry about the doctors scheduling one, so I was caught off guard when they did.  They wanted to do it tomorrow, but I had them push it back till next week. They aren't happy with me.  I wish I knew how to talk to doctors better, and I wish they'd take me seriously when I did. HA!  I also refuse to be induced because of being a little late, or even having "low amniotic fluid levels", which I feel is just made up anyway so they can keep their production line moving. So what do I do, just cut the ties with my OB's now? Wait and pray that I go into labor soon and just push those pushy doctors out of my mind? 

I'm just trying to stay as relaxed as I can,  but every day it gets harder! 

#2 of 26 Old 08-30-2012, 11:48 AM

just wanted to give you some encouragement and say you can do it! i had my last baby UC and UP, and went 42 weeks, 5 days. it was harrowing dealing with all the concern. i'm 36 weeks now with another baby and actually seeing a midwife (medwife) this time as a concession to my SO,  it's his first baby, and they are stressing me out big time with ultrasounds and talk of too small babies. ugh. anyway, not to turn your thread into my bitch session, just wanting to empathize with you. you can do it, and have a happy birth!! 

mother of invention, currently raising hell with four great kids, dd, 15, ds, 15, ds, 11 and ds, 8. also gestating a new wee one! due 9/29 whistling.gif

#3 of 26 Old 08-30-2012, 04:04 PM

Wanted to send some encouraging vibes your way mama!! Due dates are really guess dates IMHO :)

I bet your babe comes at the perfect time thumb.gif You can do it mama!! Have an amazing birth!!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#4 of 26 Old 08-31-2012, 03:27 PM

HUGS

My mom was born exactly 40 days after her due date.  Gramma went to the hospital when in early labor, had the baby, no fuss, that's it.  

You can't make stuff like that up.  Obviously everyone would freak out today at a hospital but anyway, yeah, "due" dates can be really odd.

#5 of 26 Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 AM

Stay strong mama! Four years ago I had a UC/UP & my little guy was born at 42 weeks 3days. I remember I was an emotional wreck second guessing myself & tons of comments from family members etc. so hugs to you. On the bright side my son nursed like a champ, no breathing issues at all & was so much easier than his older brother that was induced at 38 weeks & had a hard time nursing etc. I'm actually 38 weeks with our 3rd as of today & hoping this one stays in past due date as those few extra weeks seems to really help with development & results in an easier babe. It's completely your call what to do with the doctors, but I know dealing with doctors & tests especially at that vulnerable time would be too stressful for me. Plus how annoying is it that typically OBs are so willing to induce as early as 37-38 weeks but freak out when we go over our due dates???? GGGGRR! lol

#6 of 26 Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! It's so nice to have some encouragement :) 

#7 of 26 Old 09-01-2012, 02:25 PM

My best advice is to retreat to a peaceful location, whether it's a park, your backyard, the beach, your bathtub, whatever feels the most relaxing to you.  Once there, put your hands on your belly, breathe deeply and see what comes up for you.  You might get a message or sense what you need to do about the OB's, you might pick up on something related to the birth or you might not experience much of anything other than peace & relaxation (which isn't so bad winky.gif).  Making the time to relax and tune into yourself and your baby will probably feel very rewarding, even if it simply makes you feel renewed and more grounded/centered.  Another possibility is to get a prenatal massage while you still have the opportunity orngbiggrin.gif

#8 of 26 Old 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Ug. I don't have any advice, but I wanted to give you some *cyberhugs*. What an unpleasant position to be in. Can you shove all OB contact off on your dh? Mine is a champ about playing along and playing dumb. Could yours be all "Oh ya ya. We totally defer to your all powerful Godliness! We'll absolutely schedule what you want. Just let me look over our schedule and not answer the phone and take forever to call you back and such" and stall them out until you give birth? My dh is excellent about playing that part for me. It's the best I've got for you, other than some empathy. 

Do let us know how things go. I so hope you have smooth sailing and just the perfect birth experience! =D

Affordable organics delivered from GREEN POLKADOT BOX

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

Mama to guitar.gif Crash (14) and hippie.gifSpritely (12)

#9 of 26 Old 09-01-2012, 09:38 PM

Hahaha, my DH is totally good for that duh-one.  We *shush* found out the gender of our baby but havn't told anyone.  He's all, I don't care, don't know, whatever, but he totally does know and is completely excited about it.  Its awesome.  

Love the "call you back when I look at my scheduale" bit too.  I am not UC-ing but I will use that one in the future.

#10 of 26 Old 09-03-2012, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

linnaea-  That's exactly what I needed to do!  Very reassuring and relaxing. 

incorrigible- My DH is great with playing along,  I'm so thankful for him!  and I've definitely used the "I'll call you back" one, That's how I survived this long, that and the fact that I've never seen the same OB more than once...

Besides being full of baby and the normal aches, I feel pretty good.  Still getting frustrating contractions that come and go as they please eyesroll.gif  I hope they'll make my labor shorter and easier in the long run. 

#11 of 26 Old 09-03-2012, 10:34 AM

Glad to hear you're doing well mama, hang in there!! Your sweet babe will be in your arms soon!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#12 of 26 Old 09-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Been thinking about you.  Glad things are going well and will pray you have your baby soon with a short, sweet, easy birth.  Keep us updated. :-)

#13 of 26 Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

Could yours be all "Oh ya ya. We totally defer to your all powerful Godliness! We'll absolutely schedule what you want. Just let me look over our schedule and not answer the phone and take forever to call you back and such" and stall them out until you give birth?

Bah ha ha, that is exactly how we handled our "oops" UC lol.gif  DH's are much more convincing that that stuff.

Thinking of you.  My 3rd was born several days later than the previous 2 - not what I expected at all!  I find that when I just give in and decide that the baby is NEVER going to be born, they are always born 2 days later wink1.gif

Mama to my beautiful boys (July 07, Jan 10, May 12)  uc.jpg jumpers.gif

#14 of 26 Old 09-07-2012, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Had the ultrasound. fluid levels were fine and so was the heartbeat, so I never went to do the non stress test. I'm a week overdue so hopefully this baby will start making waves soon. I'm getting so annoyed with everyone asking me when I'm going to have the baby, did they set an induction date blah blah angry.gif .  I'm also at the point where I can't read any more birth stories because I get emotional that MY baby's not here! 

#15 of 26 Old 09-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Well, I'm glad everything is just fine! It sounds like it may be a good idea for you to become somewhat socially withdrawn for a while. On the one hand, it's nice that everyone cares about you enough to want to need reassurances that you're ok or something is being done for you....on the other hand, how totally frustrating is it when everyone around you is worried for no reason and just absolutely doesn't "get it" ?!?!

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

#16 of 26 Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afr2010 View Post

Had the ultrasound. fluid levels were fine and so was the heartbeat, so I never went to do the non stress test. I'm a week overdue so hopefully this baby will start making waves soon. I'm getting so annoyed with everyone asking me when I'm going to have the baby, did they set an induction date blah blah angry.gif .  I'm also at the point where I can't read any more birth stories because I get emotional that MY baby's not here! 

Glad all is well mama! HANG IN THERE!!!! Your time is coming so soon!!! love.gif

#17 of 26 Old 09-08-2012, 12:01 PM

No one has been pregnant forever, your baby will come out one way or antoher.  :)

If its any consolation, my gramma went 40 days overdue, and my mom was 7 pounds 10 ounces.  No complications (then again, in here day and age, she just went to the hospital and they left her alone and pop out came baby, no fuss.  Oh for the days.....).  

#18 of 26 Old 09-08-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afr2010 View Post

hug2.gif I understand how you feel--I went to 41 weeks with my daughter and for the last 5 weeks I was having BH contractions pretty much every night.  I kept getting my hopes only to be disappointed again and again.  It is really hard.  Your baby will come soon, this is the only thing that comforted me at the end of my pregnancy.  That there is an end, it will happen and I will get to hold her soon.  Distractions helped me the most--watch movies, take naps, get a massage, write in a journal, make meals and freeze them if you still have the energy.

#19 of 26 Old 09-08-2012, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Had "bloody show" this morning and all day.  Contractions have been 3-7 minutes apart  & 1 min long for the past 15 hours. Some really stop me in my tracks but I can usually talk through them. It's been a pretty relaxing and normal day.  Now my back and thighs are starting to throb, so we'll see where things lead!  I'm hoping to get some sleep tonight. I'm so excited and happy that we'll get to meet this baby soon!  joy.gif

Thank you all for thinking of me stillheart.gif and keeping me sane this past week 

#20 of 26 Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 AM

ooooo!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!! I will be checking throughout the day tomorrow hoping to hear great news! (but I totally understand if you're not on for a while because of all the wonderful baby bonding and resting whenever you can in between! lol)

YEAH!!!!!

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

#21 of 26 Old 09-10-2012, 01:09 AM - Thread Starter

ok, going insane again. Still no baby! I'm so tired and feel like I'm no where close yet.  Contractions spaced out to every 20 minutes as soon as the sun came up yesterday, then picked back up as soon as it went down. these contractions f***** hurt. going on 48 hours, omg. 

#22 of 26 Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM

oh...that sucks. I'm so sorry. Both my births were like that until I finally let the dr.s bully me into inducing. =(  I've heard a lot of birth stories since then - that sound JUST like my preg and births...only ending in a calm, happy and FAST homebirth after about a bit of wanna-be labor. I sure hope yours progresses soon! *BIGCYBERHUGS*

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

#23 of 26 Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

SHE is finally here, almost 12 hours old already. 

#24 of 26 Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM

OMG!!! yaaaaa!!!!! Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you! Did you have the awesome UC you hoped for? Did everything turn out ok?

Wife to jammin.gif Beast 

#25 of 26 Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

#26 of 26 Old 09-12-2012, 08:23 AM

Has anyone else noticed an uptick in slowly progressing births this past year?  What is up with that???

Hats off to you Mama for tenaciously boring through that drawn out birth!  Incredible courage and strength!

I was hoping things got moving along for you....sounds like you made sure of that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page