Just introducing myself! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-06-2012, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone, my name is Sarah. I have been lurking on here for quite a while and wanting to comment on stuff but thought it might be weird since I've never posted before. I have never had an unassisted pregnancy or childbirth but I am considering it for the future so I'm doing my research now. While I have always been naturopathically minded, using doctors mainly for emergencies, I seemed to have a disconnect when it came to pregnancy and childbirth. I didn't recognize them for the normal physiological process that they are. I was naive and made decisions that I wish I wouldn't have. However, it is what it is. I can't go back and change things. I can only move forward making better and more informed decisions for the future. My husband and I have 3 sons ages 8, 7, and 4 years old and we have a daughter in heaven who was stillborn at 39 weeks. My first son was born vaginally and the rest were born via un-medically necessary c-sections. I know some may think I'm crazy for considering an unassisted childbirth after 3 prior c-sections but I have done lots of research. I am aware of the risks verses benefits and pros verses cons. Even if I don't choose to go the unassisted route in the future, I have so much respect for women who make that choice. I have so much admiration for women who understand that there bodies are capable and were made to birth babies and who trust the birth process. We are not currently pregnant and won't be trying to conceive for a while, but like I said, I'm trying to do my research now. My husband supports my decision to homebirth next time around and he knows I am researching unassisted birth but I'm not sure where he stands with it. Anyways, I look forward to getting to know all of you better and the support we can give eachother on our journey's!  

purpledragonfly likes this.
#2 of 3 Old 09-07-2012, 02:59 PM

Welcome! Be gentle with yourself about what choices you made in the past and celebrate the here and now :)

Good luck with any future pregnancies mama! And best of luck with any future UC!!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#3 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 01:51 AM

Hi Sarah!  Glad you're here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page