Peaceful UC of Breaker James! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We had our second son a week ago and our first UC/ UP. I was 40 weeks and 6 days and he was born on the exact day I predicted at the beginning of my pregnancy! Not much to write, really.. I went into labor (after weeks of prodomal labor) around midnight and mostly labored alone through the night with some naps in between contrax. Around 630-7 am things got way more intense and I moved into the bathroom and put a drop cloth and chux pad on the floor, and changed into a skirt for delivery. At 730 my mom heard me singing/ humming in the bathroom and she and my 2 yr old came to check on me. I said for them to get my DH and go on downstairs for a snack. And my DH came in and held me through a contrax and the next one I felt the baby drop into my vagina.. I didn't really push, just let him come out..owee owee owee but I didn't tear at all.. My water broke while his head was coming out. 7:43 am baby was out and crying! Placenta followed about 10 mins later and he was 8lbs and just perfect. We were tucked in bed about 30 mins later snuggled up and having breakfast. It was a wonderful birth, and it just felt so normal. My son had no problem nursing right away and he's been so mellow and lovely since. Even my older son has accepted the changes so well, and I think it's because it was all so peaceful and his mum never had to go anywhere. Nothing wrong with midwives or other choices but I really wanted privacy and modesty and no one else directing MY birth. You guys know what I mean! Anyways, thanks all for the great resource this forum was.
#2 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM

Congrats mama what a great birth story!!! joy.gif

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#3 of 5 Old 09-07-2012, 07:58 PM

What a wonderful and peaceful birth!  Hope mine is like that :)  Congrats!!!!!!!

#4 of 5 Old 09-08-2012, 07:31 PM

congrats momma! It sounds like it was a beautiful birth experience, the way birth is meant to be! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

#5 of 5 Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 AM

Yay! What a sweet story :) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page