General Advice, OB care but possible UC ?'s - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

So long story short this is my 4th pregnancy. My frist was a full term stillborn born at 38 weeks, my second is a healthy 20 month old, I had an early m/c in May - one of those where the DNA or chromosomes or whatever don't come together well and the baby doesn't develop past 6 weeks. Now I am pregnant again. Almost 9 weeks and I have had 2 appts already with my OB. The first one was to check for twins because I had a higher hcg and the second one was today, I wanted a fetal heart rate check before going out of state for a few days. Especially since a lot of people will find out I am pregnant this weekend, I wanted to make sure I could be confident in telling them good news.

Ok, so I guess that wasn't short. My problem is I have a good relationship with this doctor but he is wanting to do monthly u/s, bi-monthly NST after 28 weeks, plus an induction at 38 weeks. What I basically want to know is how to continue a doctor/patient relationship with him but still tell him 'no' on the extra u/s and the induction. He's been through all my pregnancies with me and has taken good care of me and bends over backwards for me and my babies so I find it difficult to try and tell him to back off. I would also like to have a doctor/patient relationship with him in future pregnancies and that is part of the reason why I feel like I need to establish my 'ground rules' I guess.

I am also heavily considering an 'oops the baby came so fast I had him at home' UC. Any insight on how that would effect our future doctor/patient relationship in future pregnancies.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#2 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Confidence in your stance regarding tests & interventions should simplify your approach.

Ultrasound perspectives:   http://www.naturalchild.org/research/yale_ultrasound.html

http://www.whale.to/a/questions9.html

Watch The Business of Being Born regarding induction measures.

Unless my doctor was also co-parenting with me, I would have little concern about the warm fuzzy levels of his regard for my determined limits.

#3 of 3 Old 09-30-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thanks for the info. I had a lot of time this weekend to think and decided that wanting my doctor to basically like me was not a good reason to worry change my pregnancy and birth plan.

Thanks again!

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page