Future Planning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I'm not pregnant, but plan on becoming so within a few years.  We're changing insurance providers at work so I'll be using Kaiser Permanente starting next year.  I want to find a doctor in the area who will not freak out if I tell him/her that I don't plan on doing any prenatal appointments but will track my progress at home and will likely not be coming in to the hospital to have the baby.  One of the things that stresses me out more than anything is doctor-shopping, especially when I'm pregnant, and I want to make sure I have a good family practice doctor that I can see when I need to and who won't freak out if I'm honest about my desire to have a UP/UC and only see her if I feel the need.  Thanks in advance!

#2 of 6 Old 10-05-2012, 02:12 PM

Call me skeptical, but I'm not sure a doctor like that exists.  

Mama to my beautiful boys (July 07, Jan 10, May 12)  uc.jpg jumpers.gif

#3 of 6 Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM

You could just fib and say you're seeing a CPM for the pregnancy?  Theres no way the doctor would be able to tell 

stork-boy.gif Baby boy born July 30 2011     Baby boy #2 Aug 6 2013

#4 of 6 Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I don't think any doc will take you if you tell them that. I want a doc like that if one exists, too! Usually their malpractice ins and/or rules at their clinic won't allow them to take UPers. They can lose their job for it.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#5 of 6 Old 10-08-2012, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Yeah, you won't find anyone like that. If you have something ongoing that needs doctor visits, see a family practice doc and skip appointments when you can get away with it, keep quiet about your plans. Otherwise just say you need to transfer your care if something bad comes up.

#6 of 6 Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 PM

I went to my family practice doctor to confimr that I'm preggers, and she basically asked if I have a care provider set up.  I said yes, we were good.  I assume she'd ask how my pregnancy is going if I visited in the interim, but if I was uncomfortable telling her my plans I'd just go "ugh, I don't want to talk about it, I just want the due date to hurry up and get here!  How's so and so's soccer games been? "  :) People all nod sympathetically and changethe subject at that one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page