Submitting "home" prenatal care forms in the case of switching to prenatal care of transfer at birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I believe I've asked this years ago, but couldn't find it...

Have there been any cases here where women have actually presented their self-care prenatal records to a HCP, and how did that go over?

I've had to UPs/UC's now, and I am a stats girl so I LOVE keeping track of every little thing (definitely more details and more regular than most OB's or midwives, even!), but I also like having them in case they are needed.  However, I've always wondered if they would even be taken seriously should I ever present them to a health care provider in any time of need.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-30-2012, 10:49 AM

I did this just a few weeks ago. I had been doing a up, and felt I needed to consult with an ob for some testing with out-of-the norm happenings. I had to lie to the receptionistabout prenatal care to get an appointment, but I was honest when I met with the doctor. I was pleasantly surprised when he looked them over carefully, and then asked if he could scan a copy to put in his records for me. he ran the requested tests based on my findings, and after getting the results, I'm back to my happily unassisted pregnancy and birth plans :-)
phathui5 and queenrilly like this.

Jenny
married to M
mama to Z (9), S (6), G1 (3), G2 (1) and someone new! expected Jan 2013
#3 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 AM

Bump.

Anyone else use their records at a doctor's office?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page