Hello :) An intro... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-14-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello. I thought I would take a little time to introduce myself. My name is Lindsay and I am currently pregnant with number four. Our last little one was a homebirth/UC  our little one wouldnt wait for the midwife. This time around the situation is a little different and we are very excited to be planning our up/uc. I am hoping for guidance from our midwife through this but I am understanding that she is a busy lady these days so we have not had time to catch up. I am planning on starting urine strips and keeping prenatal records around week 8. I am also going to be ordering heart and hands soon. I am open to any advice anyone has to offer :) Thanks for making it this far if anyone has any questions for me please ask :)

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

#2 of 6 Old 10-21-2012, 09:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM

Good luck! I wish I would have just had an UP after losing my midwife at 37 weeks. You can definitely do it yourself!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#4 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Congratulations! I'm planning to UP/UC this time too. My last live birth sounds a lot like yours. Too quick for the midwife. :) It was exactly what I needed for my HBAC. There are still moments where fears creep in and I'm trying to figure out just how to deal with them. The only thing that I really want this pregnancy is a quick sono for placenta placement to make sure it's not over my previous scar. Not sure about the logistics there though. 

Congrats! 

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#5 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 09:59 AM

We just decided on UP/UC too. I'm due sometime in May. Our HBAC baby was a relatively quick labor at only 3 hours of active labor and 20 min of spontaneous pushing, even though he had a nuchal arm.

This will be baby number 3 for us (4th pregnancy) and I'm very excited to be doing this without anyone else being there.

We are planning on starting to monitor with urine strips and bp cuff, but pretty much just listening to my intuition and if at any point I feel something is wrong then we'll seek out assistance. Now I just have to get supplies ordered so I can start some formal record keeping etc.

So glad to have this forum for support and for sharing our pregnancies together.

Lynslingboy.gif, wife to Robtrekkie.gif & Mamma to angel.gif "Moredcai" 12wks July 09, Aiden(6/1/10)banana.gif and Seth(9/7/11)babyf.gif hbac.gif  New blessing Megan(5/9/13)hearts.gifuc.jpg

#6 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome and congrats to those mamas who are also pregnant and planning a up/uc :) Someone mentioned a quick ultrasound. I plan on getting one. I did last time as well I just personally felt more at ease knowing everything was where is should be. We have a free standing place here but the dont do only gender its always a full medical ultrasound and gender only if you want it and an obgyn goes over them all so I think that is where we will be going again (plus its fun and I can bring up to 15 people if we find out the gender). Hope everyone has a lovely night :)

My name is Lindsay I am a full time wife to Nick 10-21-08 and full time mommy to Cadence, Irie and Isis

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page