What Is The Perfect Birth Experience? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2012, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any suggestions/opinions you could give as to the "perfect" birth experience (or close to it)?

* Unassisted or with a midwife or OB?
* Lotus Birth? Delayed clamping or immediate?
* Circumcision?
* Water birth or birthing chair?
* Home or birth center?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Old 10-27-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Old 10-27-2012, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

the perfect  birth if very subjective and what people choose to do depends on their comfort level. i will answer from my perspective

* Unassisted or with a midwife or OB?
* Lotus Birth? Delayed clamping or immediate? consumed the placenta (smoothies)
* Circumcision? no, no no not ever ever ever
* Water birth or birthing chair? sat on a birth ball for a while before getting in tub
* Home or birth center?

II just monitor my blood pressure but i know a lot of mamas choose to do other testing like urine strips, fundal height measurements, weight, etc

great info on this site about UC http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/ i really liked this book http://www.amazon.com/Active-Birth-Approach-Naturally-Revised/dp/1558320385

What about ultrasounds? i dont do them

Are they safe?  the word is still out on that, i fee that if you dont need one  you probably shouldnt get one.  some women i know have multiple US throughout their PG

How do you get a birth certificate and Social Security # for the baby in a homebirth? depends on state, if you had a midwife assisted birth i think they usually fill out the forms for that.  but for a UC  here i just contacted the homebirth dept at the state capital, they sent me an BC application, i filled it out and had it notarized with a couple witnesses, sent it in.  my BC and SS card arrived in the mail shortly after.  some other states have bigger hoops to jump through. http://www.mothering.com/community/t/770140/getting-the-birth-certificate/160 

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Old 10-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

You posted in the uc forums, so I am not sure if you are only asking uc birthers or everyone? 

Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat View Post

My first birth experience was in a hospital, induced with Pitocin and I had an epi\ We had trouble breastfeeding.\

that was my experience as well. i too had trouble BFing ds1 and i think a lot of that was because he was 36 weeks when i was induced.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Old 12-22-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat View Post

I'd love to do a UC! I've been looking @ the posts & watching YouTube videos. I don't know if I should ease myself into it by using a midwife for this birth and going UC for my next. That's why any encouragement or advice is greatly appreciated from you ladies!

I had a midwife the first 2 times. the 3rd time was our first unassisted birth but even though I chose that at 30 weeks we kept on with the midwife support leading up to it and for the postpartum period. These were perfect births, too, but I must say that it has been a real blessing that my other births since then were without a regulated attendant. My 5th birth, for example, included 3 days of broken waters, pushing the comfort zone for many midwives. I also moved away from my midwife after the third birth. Finding someone of her quality requires a miracle. So thankfully we had the next 3 as a family birth team. The last birth I had was a breech! I never had a breech before. Never had a 36 weeker before either, or a 3.5 pounder before! I had all of that last time and yet he still did beautifully and he's already more than doubled his birth weight at almost 8 weeks old. We thought he was going to be a twin but he came alone, despite hearing two heartbeats halfway through. Not many midwives would be comfortable with twins. Not many would be unflustered by a breech water birth either. He turned after my waters broke around 12 hours before birth. I didn't have her fear to accompany us, it was a peaceful and joyful environment with a good outcome.

Tags
Perfect
User Tag List