I've been searching for other like minded mommies to discuss things with. I have a dilemma, but first let me tell you a bit about me... I'm pretty granola, not totally, but you know, i don't vaccinate, share a family bed, still nurse my two year old despite all kinds of negative comments about it. I gave birth to my daughter in water pretty much unassisted, but i had a midwife present. i have an extremely hard time finding other moms who don't think my parenting styles and choices are crazy, so maybe this is the wrong place for this thread, but i relate to you all.
I'm 30, i have a twelve year old son,a two year old daughter, and I'm 8 weeks pregnant. My dilemma is this, i really want uc! However, i pushed my daughter out in like less than a minute and now i have a vaginal vault prolapse and rectocyle hernia. (not sure i spelled that right). She was 6lbs 5oz at 37 weeks, so not big at all. I'm concerned of full on uterine prolapse and need for surgery if i birth vaginally again. The way my condition is now, i have no pain or complications other than a bulge sticking out of my vagina when i sit on the toilet and the need to hold that bulge with my hand and put pressure on it when i have bowel movements sometimes. Kegels have done nothing to improve the situation, and I'm not incontinent. I feel like my only option is to not only have this baby in a hospital (yuck!), but have a c section! I think a lot of you ladies will understand how terrifying C section is for me. All those doctors and nurses jostling my babyaround and treating me like i don't know what's best for me and my child. And then the c itself.
Sorry this is so long. I'd really like to know your thoughts and opinions ladies. Maybe some of you have had this situation yourselves? I'd really love to know. Thank you so much in advance!
Like i said, right now i have no pain or complications, just have to support my perineum if i haven't eaten enough fiber. The bulging when i sit on the toilet was alarming at first, but I've grown used to it. Its about golf ball sized I'd say. And that's the only time it bulges.
Anyway, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. After the beautiful peaceful birth off my daughter, its so difficult to go back to a hospital, let alone surgery.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I don't have any personal experience with the hernia or prolapse or anything like that, but I can tell you 100% honestly that if I was in your position it would be very hard for me to come to terms with *having* to have a c-section. And in your case I would say it is probably going to be safer to go with a c-section as far as your body goes. Although I would be grateful that I had 9 months to plan the most peaceful, up to my expectations c-section I could. I would be terrified about having to have the surgery but I would make the best out of it.
No personal experience here, but was reminded of a fascinating blog post about prolapse & incontinence that might help you in some way?