What happened to all the faith? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-24-2012, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I too used to hang out here in the "good ol' days" and I miss that community, but it seems like there's enough interest to recreate that if we wanted to. We've got to be willing to trust each other and move forward together and try not to take it too personally if we get visits by Trolls and do our best to work together w/the mods to get those problem people removed before they create too much chaos. 

I'm in my 1st TWW w/an amazing new DP and he's totally supportive of my desire to UP/UC. He was home birthed at the Midwife's home and he saw his sister's home birth of her son go a bit south and be pushed into a hospital transfer and subsequent c-section, and he knows I'm not gonna put up w/that unless it's a real serious emergency and he's willing to learn what ever he needs to, to be able to make those determinations. So I would LOVE to get this forum back on its feet! 

Who's with me!? love.gif  joy.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 07:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Count me in. This is our first unassisted anything & I'm excited to find support/ wisdom.

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 AM

Hi Voondrop!!  Welcome!! wave.gif  How far along are you?

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 12-26-2012, 12:51 PM

I guess I'm probably one of the "oldies". I've been on MDC over 10 years and I've had 3 UC's. I just almost never come here anymore. It's so dead and most of the people who I really liked are long gone. Plus there was the whole troll thing and stealing what people posted for other sites so they could bash people in peace.

I'll look at the recent threads and see if there's anything I have any thoughts on.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Old 12-26-2012, 04:00 PM

I have been reading here for the last 5 or 6 years. I had a UBA2C last month but have been afraid to post my birth story here because I don't want trolls commenting about it.  I know Laura Shanley's forum isn't very active either but I found it to be very helpful during my pregnancy.

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM

Thanks for the welcome Prescottchels. As of today I'm 18 weeks & 3 days. I've lurked in this particular forum for years but never posted until this last pregnancy when Husband suggested UC.

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 AM

I remember you from the old days, devaskyla! It'd be great to have ya back!! love.gif

Purpleheather-I would love to read your birth story! Or anyone else's for that matter!! Maybe we ought to just PM them to each other for a while til we see how this all goes...? Reading UC birth stories really helped me get comfortable with the idea and I think it's a beautiful resource for us all to have and those who come after us. 

There's also a freebirth page on FB that seems fairly active... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unassisted-BirthFreebirth/226462721209?fref=ts

I just noticed you're in AZ! Where at? I'm in Prescott.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Yeah, I haven't been around either.  We have 6 babies, 3 UCs (2 UP)...but this forum really went to crap.  We couldn't post anything without the anti-UC crowd jumping in to let us know how terrible we are.  I just quit fighting the naysayers a couple years ago.

Christian, homeschooling, military wife.  luxlove.gif

Mommy to 5 wonderful girls and a super baby boy.  

Expecting another sweet energy.gif late August. 

Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 PM

Prescottchels- I'm in Sierra Vista... way down in nowhere land.  ;)  I don't mind PMing my birth story to you.  

Heather, Army wife & Mama to M (10), J (9), L & S (my HBAC babies are 7!), N & R (5), and A (born 11/30/12 UBA2C)
Old 01-01-2013, 10:09 PM

I'm in, although to be fair my interest is more of a plan D nature, I had an opps UC where the midwife showed up last minute.  I wrote my birth story down for a couple of private groups but havnt posted yet because I cpuldnt decide where to put it (VBAC, birth stories, homebirth, or UC would all fit, but like y'all noticed, UC is rather lean and mean these days).  

Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 PM

I used to hang out all over MDC back in the day but it has definitely changed.  I think a lot of the "old-timers" burnt out and got busy with all the kids they had (I know I did).  

Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbane View Post

I used to hang out all over MDC back in the day but it has definitely changed.  I think a lot of the "old-timers" burnt out and got busy with all the kids they had (I know I did).  

Yep.  I am not pregnant and my kids are getting older so I just haven't found the need for support.  I also backed way off of MDC with the whole troll thing... it made me realize I really can't post things here when it comes to my own personal life unless I want to start a new username, since its so easy to figure out who I am IRL if you wanted to.  This may sound a bit harsh as well, but I got really tired of the same questions being asked every single day, and just sort of got bored.  Birth supply listing gets old winky.gif

I do like to come have a look now and then but it's hard to get engaged.  I really liked reading when it was busier, there are a lot of great women who've contributed here.  

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM

I remember before all the changes when the boards were green. There was a lot of activity on all of the boards. It was great! It has gotten a lot more mainstream now since all the changes and not as supportive as it was before. Which is a big reason why I left for so long. But its not helping to have support if you leave so I'm back. I do miss the stickies though. There were TONS of useful links and book recommendations and websites to get supplies! Like the link for the Emergency Childbirth free pdf was linked there. I use to have it saved but that computer crashed with no chance of saving any of those files or pictures of my kiddos births, ect. Anyway. I look forward to getting to know the new crew.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

User Tag List