Just for fun - how much did you spend on your UP/UC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-06-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

What did you spend on your pregnancy/prenatal/birth supplies, not including any doctors appts or chiro appts, or midwife costs.

I think I spent about $60 dollars on supplies and have another $120 worth to get + any birth herbs/teas etc.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#2 of 8 Old 11-06-2012, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

With my UC in 2004, I spent about $45 on teas, and a bulb syringe, which I didn't even use.

#3 of 8 Old 11-06-2012, 05:31 PM

I bought a fresh new shower curtain liner for the bed, new thermometer that doesn't need batteries & a bottle of prenatal vitamins today, about 12 dollars all told. I was going to get prenatal care at a clinic & had my first appointment today but they asked for $150 as a down payment. I have no idea what trick my insurance just pulled because that's not doable. I'll likely order some pee strips & hang out at the blood pressure machine at the pharmacy once a month instead.transtichel.gif

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

#4 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 01:49 PM

So far, about $60, and most of that has been on iron supplements- I've struggled to keep my iron up since puberty. I'll get some shepherd's purse, because I do bleed, and a new set of sheets, because I currently only have two sets, and one set isn't suitable for winter use. Throw in a package of chux from the grocery store, and I think I'll be pretty set, and for less than $150.
Oh, unless we're counting placenta encapsulation supplies. Capsules for about five bucks, and my dh wants a machine to fill them, which runs about $20.

Jenny
married to M
mama to Z (9), S (6), G1 (3), G2 (1) and someone new! expected Jan 2013
#5 of 8 Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM

Well, about $50 in supplies each time, but we also choose to get a late u/s before our UC's and unfortunately that's about $500.  But worth it, to us.

But I always think it's crazy that I can HAVE a baby (pregnancy and birth included) and not pay much more than $500 MAX, yet LOSING a baby cost us nearly $9,000 OOP.  *sigh*

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#6 of 8 Old 11-12-2012, 04:44 PM

About $100 IIRC?

#7 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 07:31 PM

Including the court costs to file for the birth certificate?  Less than $300.  Without?  About $75 for herbs, chux, urine strips and a new blood pressure cuff.  Best item we got was a $15 plastic drop cloth from Home Depot.  Only used a small portion of it so it will be ready for the next birth.

#8 of 8 Old 11-13-2012, 09:38 PM

$100 on the birth tub (used it twice)

herbs $15

BC $15

bulb syringe $2

doppler $45

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page