Need good UC and birth information, maternity leave and UC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2013, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some good reading material about UC and natural birth for my dh. He is more supportive of my choice to UC now than he was, he doesn't know anything though. My main concern is he will think I'm dying and insist I go to the hospital. Are there any websites or articles that would be good to help him understand labor and birth? Also, I will be taking maternity leave from my job and so far all I know is my employer needs a doctors note when I take my leave and when I come back. Which shouldn't be a problem since I'm getting prenatal care. Does anyone have experience with UC and maternity leave? Were there any issues? I just want to be prepared for anything that could come up. innocent.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM

My sweetheart is currently reading Laura Shanley's Unassisted Childbirth, which I think is a wonderful resource for anyone interesting in this type of birthing process.  Also Ina May Gaskin's Spiritual Midwifery as it has a lot of birth stories written from the father's perspective.

I have been suggesting he read birth stories and watch unassisted birthing videos on youtube (he has not done that yet, but I still have hope), just to prepare his mind for what is to come.  I am pretty sure Laura Shanley's website has a bunch of birth stories on it specifically about unassisted childbirth.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM

Birthing From Within. And I second watching UC births on YouTube. Watch them together so you can talk about them! It could be a date night!

Happy mama to two homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg DD's

User Tag List