anyone here UC with twins? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have di/di twins.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#2 of 16 Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 AM

Did you UC them, or are you still pregnant? 

#3 of 16 Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Check out the video Psalm and Zoya if you can...fabulous!! 

#4 of 16 Old 04-13-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinadelle View Post

Check out the video Psalm and Zoya if you can...fabulous!! 

I haven't been able to find this online anywhere. Do you know where to look?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#5 of 16 Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 AM

That is an old dvd that used to be available but the mother stopped selling it for privacy, I think. So may be hard to find. Probably your best bet would be something like a birth center resource library or similar. 

#6 of 16 Old 04-14-2013, 02:50 PM

There was a gal that UCed twins end of 2010 or early 2011 on this board. Think she posted her story. Remember her username started with an A. LOL 
What I remember is all went very well and she was happy she did it. She had 911 called on her by her mom, but the paramedics arrived and assessed that the babies were both healthy and fine and left.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#7 of 16 Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

I am still pregnant. I am 25 weeks.
A_Random_Phrase likes this.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

m/c '97 and in '03

#8 of 16 Old 04-30-2013, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Not the same at all, but I did have a very happy homebirth with our di-di twins.  It wasn't the smoothest birth in the world, but my biggest issues came from being a first-timer.  With di-di twins I think you'll find it's just a normal birth followed by another.  Have you UC'ed before?

My girls were both head down, which actually caused a small problem.  It seemed like the chin of one babe was getting in the way of the shoulder of the other, and our "Baby A" couldn't descend.  Moving around didn't help, but having an assistant hold one babe up on the outside seemed to.  I was on a birthing stool.  Once the shoulder got clear, Baby A was born without a problem.  An hour rest and then Baby B came smoothly.

Best wishes!

familybed2.gif

Mom to : Belle and Izzy
#9 of 16 Old 04-30-2013, 10:52 PM

Yep, I had my twins unassisted.  Mono/di twins.  They're now 2 years old, and my firstborn is sitting in my lap.  It was a very wonderful first birth experience.  I had my third baby unassisted, too.  If you're interested, I have a birth story for the twins and a video of my third. :)

A_Random_Phrase likes this.
#10 of 16 Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

I am very interested in that Almi!!

I have not UC'd before. I almost did with my last one. I had it all planned but chickened out at transition and hubby was all too willing to go to the hospital at that point. He freaks at delivery even in a hospital.

All the research I've been doing frightens me with all the hands-on and interventions that insist on at the hospital just because they are twins. All the "just in case" scenarios... It's ridiculous!!

m/c '97 and in '03

#11 of 16 Old 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM

Yeah that is the problem I have found with multiple birth in hospitals as well. They are even worse than with singletons, so many things they do for absolutely no genuine reason. Most hospital for example, seem to make multiples spend a mandatory 24 hour in the nursery for 'observation' even if there is not a single thing wrong with them during delivery or following. Makes me so angry, all their protocols. 

#12 of 16 Old 05-09-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Most hospital for example, seem to make multiples spend a mandatory 24 hour in the nursery for 'observation'

I've only attended two twin births (as a doula) and neither of them required "observation" because they were twins.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#13 of 16 Old 05-10-2013, 12:33 AM

Maybe it's only for triplets then eyesroll.gif I thought it was all multiples, but maybe I only took the information relevant to me...My bad shy.gif

#14 of 16 Old 05-20-2013, 04:06 PM

It probably actually depends on the hospital you are delivering at, and a number of other circumstances.

Had I birthed in the hospital I was going to for prenatal care, I was told that my first baby would be clamped and cut immediately and taken away from me until I delivered the second.  Since she was only 4 lbs, 2 oz. at birth, they probably would have went ahead and put her in the NICU while they were at it.

Here's my birth video, there is a link to the twins' birth story in the description. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RwXud1hfI4

#15 of 16 Old 05-20-2013, 06:59 PM

Yay, Thanks Almi- off to watch now :)

#16 of 16 Old 06-03-2013, 01:03 PM

Hey, everyone, i just found out that I am having twin girls! They are di/di and my due date is July 28th, but I put no stock in due dates as they are almost alway wrong. LOL One is breech, the other in a weird diagonal transverse presentation. She looks like a slash mark running across my uterus. LOL again. I am surprised but not shocked. I am 36, a prime age to naturally conceive di/di twins. Yes, folks, nature did this, not some IVF clinic. smile.gif anyway, I want to say thanks to Almi for posting her birthing story and video. I had thought about a UC with this pregnancy, but I think that we will go with our midwife. I have read up on emergency childbirth instructions and am not planning on calling my midwife the second I go into labor. If I had to UC, I think I could. I would love to hear how other twin moms on here are doing. Southernmommie, you are still pregnant, right?

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband and mother of an angel (lost June '09) and two rainbow1284.gif babies born in July '13. Great things really do come in pairs!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page