My Unassissted Birth Video-Born in the Caul-4th Baby - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-27-2013, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

❤❤❤READ ME❤❤❤If you've Seen This One Before, You Haven't Seen It Like This! New and Improved with Music Cedric Did himself! Watch to the End for a Special Preview! More⬇

Phineas is our 4th Child and our 2nd Home Birth. This was the 1st time we planned to do it unassisted though. We had prenatal care throughout the pregnancy through a practice of midwives, but they did not do home births.

Phineas was born at home in our bedroom on our bed, surrounded by only our little family. His brother and sisters witnessed his birth, and then helped clean him up afterward, something they had been excitedly preparing for for 9 long months. Phineas was a Caul Birth, which is very rare and would not have happened had we been in a hospital or birth center. Also he was born March 30th 2013, when there was a Perigee Moon, or when the moon gets closest to the earth as has a greater gravitational pull. We joked he might come out that day because the moon would pull him out. Haha.

I had a very difficult, emotional pregnancy. I conceived Phineas right after an early miscarriage. My Hormones and emotions were horrible. And near the end there was some concern I may have had a liver condition called Cholestasis which causes severe itching, but the symptoms were borderline and the diagnosis was unsure. The midwives advised to induce a few weeks early in the hospital, because the condition can lead to still birth. But told me to trust my own gut. Thankfully at 38 weeks and 5 days Labor started at home and that's right where I stayed, trusting my intuition, my body, and relying on faith and my husband. The Ironic thing is that had I been induced in the hospital, the induction method would have been to break my water and we would have missed out on this Extremely rare and Special Caul Birth!

Gender Reveal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G64Ohv1xxqA

Pregnancy Test: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdapdQuE9Iw

Finding Out I'm Pregnant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZG6QZ8VcbA

First Week With 4 Kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAInfmkFwFI

First Month With 4 Kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxMJYPv7Pqg

Our Family Channel Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WyDzSIkCyY

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#2 of 16 Old 04-27-2013, 08:54 PM

Congratulations on the arrival of Phineas!  

When I click on the video it says "An error occurred.  Please try again later."

#3 of 16 Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thank You! And Thank you for letting me know. There I think that's fixed now. Enjoy! :)

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#4 of 16 Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM

You and your husband are just...heros. lol I can't think of any other word to say...amazing and strong. wow! congrats on your handsome little mister!! and thank you for posting i almost cried!!! <3

bfinfant.gifEBF!  fambedsingle1.gif Co-Sleeping!  belly.gifDue November 15, 2013 heartbeat.gif Married 09/02/2008

chicken3.gif J.M.G 6/23/2009  E.W.A  04/01/2011   M.R.L 02/09/2012    #4 ???? 11/15/2013

#5 of 16 Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM

That was beautiful!! I hope my birth is that amazing! Congrats!!
#6 of 16 Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 AM

Congratulations--what a cool video, and I'm just in awe at how calm your husband was the whole time!  Your family is totally precious.

#7 of 16 Old 05-07-2013, 11:11 PM

Absolutely beautiful!

#8 of 16 Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 PM

Aww, way to go, Mama! What a strong, caring mother you are!

My son is a caul bearer, too. They are truly remarkable people!

Welcome to the world, wonderful boy!
#9 of 16 Old 05-08-2013, 07:47 AM

This just brought me to tears! Congratulations on your new son.

I couldn't help but laugh when your son came out and one of your other kids said, "Man, that's a lot of water!" or something to that effect.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband and mother of an angel (lost June '09) and two rainbow1284.gif babies born in July '13. Great things really do come in pairs!
#10 of 16 Old 05-14-2013, 04:46 PM

You have a beautiful family! Your husband was awesome.

#11 of 16 Old 05-26-2013, 06:46 PM

Congratulations to you and your family, mama! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful video of your birth, had to laugh at the "Man, that's a lot of water" comment too!

Aussiemumhippie.gif (40), DH caffix.gif (39), DD reading.gif (13), & DS 2whistle.gif(11).

#12 of 16 Old 05-31-2013, 09:45 AM

Totally tearing up. What an amazing birth. You and your partner did an awesome job!

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#13 of 16 Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thank You everyboby!!!

#14 of 16 Old 10-24-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Bumping For new and improved video.

#15 of 16 Old 01-24-2014, 12:12 PM

Your birth video was so so SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thank you for sharing! You really encouraged me as I prepare for our second homebirth. I love how natural and ordinary it was in the sense that your kids were all around and everyone was kinda going about their day and mom was *just* having a baby smile.gif becuase that really showed what a natural process birth is! I liked your analogy of a headache. I usually think about how it is also like menstruation... we don't rush to a hospital or doctor just because we see blood, how crazy would that be if every woman did that every time she had her period?!?! But no, our bodies can handle it without intervention and without complications the vast majority of the time and you exemplified this perfectly. I so enjoyed how loving you all are to each other and especially your children! They are so sweet and good-natured! You are truly blessed! Thank you again for sharing that!
NuzzleNudge likes this.

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#16 of 16 Old 01-27-2014, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Aw Philothea Thank you so much for your reply! You're so sweet! I am so glad you enjoyed it! It was quite comfortable and Normal indeed. I too have thought of is like a menstrual period. It's something that's scary and unnerving when you're new at it, and you need the encouragement and advice from an older woman, a mother, sister or friend to help and birth is the same. No biggie once we know what we are doing but nothing to be feared so! Now could you imagine if the medical industry got its claws into the mensuration department like it has the labor and delivery department!? Any bleeding lasting longer than 3 days would be declared an emergency and they would have to manually go in and 'assist' you get the bleeding 'under control'. New medications would be administered to control the bleeding along what THEY found convenient and 'normal!' How ridiculous! How our ancestors would laugh at the hospital birth system now a days! SO MUCH UNNECESSARY Intervening. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page