Thrombosed Hemorrhoid at 38 weeks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-29-2013, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone else out there experienced the utterly horrific-ness of thrombosed hemorrhoids? 

I've had plain and simple hemorrhoids since my first pregnancy, but nothing like this! I've been practically in tears for two days now with the excruciating pain. I do not have health insurance and would not feel comfortable going to the hospital for it now at 38 weeks for fear of too many questions... plus hospitals are just plain scary!!!

So I guess my questions are: 

Anything to do besides sitz baths, ice, Anica, prep h, witch hazel, trying to push it back in, and more water and fiber (I'm not sure it's possible for me to drink more water or eat more fiber!)? I've tried all of those without relief! Does anyone recommend trying to lance/pop it yourself at home? I've read some people have success with that...

How long does it take to go down in size and decrease in pain?

Will it get exponentially worse if I have to give birth before it fully goes away?

Anyone have personal experience to share?

Sorry for TMI! :(

Thank you in advance for any input! Please pray for me! 

#2 of 4 Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 AM

This just happened to my friend last week. She said they just pushed it back in. She said it was instant relief. They told her if it returns she should lube up a gloved finger and push it back up herself. You should see a doctor but if you really can't it might be worth a shot.

Oops I missed the part where you said you tried that already. You poor thing! What about a free clinic?
#3 of 4 Old 05-07-2013, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

I thought I'd update this just in case someone in the future wants to find out how things turned out. I read a ton of posts in a ton of forums and nobody ever went back to update!

It's been 10 days since I first suspected a thrombosed hemorrhoid and days 2, 3 and half of 4 were the worst. Lots of laying down, taking sitz baths, ice cubes, no sleep, and enduring the most painful thing I've ever experienced! But by the afternoon of day 4 I was feeling considerably better although "it" didn't seem to have changed at all. By day 6 the swelling had gone down considerably and I didn't really notice any pain except when using the bathroom, doing kegels, or if I moved wrong. Today, day 10, I am 100% back to normal and feel great and confident about giving birth again! :) I can't say that just waiting things out is an easy or ideal way of getting rid of them, but it was kinda my only choice and I praise God that it worked!

Hope this helps someone! I definitely feel your pain and will be adding people with thrombosed hemorrhoids (and just hemorrhoids in general) to my list of people to pray for!

Oliversmommy, thank you for your response! A free clinic was a good idea, but I am pretty wary of doctors and going in for anything, let alone it being something as personal and private as this was... and I have also heard a few horror stories of women being admitted to L&D if they were past 37 weeks. Especially since we're doing things unassisted I was worried about going in and all the questions we would receive!

#4 of 4 Old 05-07-2013, 11:15 PM

I'm glad to hear everything turned out okay! I actually didn't realize I was on the Unassisted Birth board when I posted that response. I just lurk here sometimes ;-) I can completely understand being leery of doctors when you're planning an unassisted birth. I'm glad to hear your body was able to heal itself on its own and that you didn't require any, uh, unwanted attention. Good luck with your upcoming birth!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page