Due in a few days...concerns of baby and placenta placement - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-18-2013, 05:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies,
I am due 5/22 or so. (2nd UBA2C) Been having many painless contraction with no regularity. I thought since my others went at 38 and 39 weeks I would have had the baby by now but still waiting which I am at peace with.

What concerns me a little is I stopped prenatal appointments in February. I got an ultrasound around 20 weeks and was told my placenta was a little low but I was not told anything else about it.

This has stayed in the back of my mind but I have not had any problems besides a little bleeding when I urinated a couple months ago which stopped after drinking cranberry juice for a few days. I have not had any other outward symptoms that I know of to be of concern.

Though yesterday I noticed my belly in the mirror. Under my belly button there is a pudge that grew and widened and is a lighter color than the rest of my belly. It forms a circular kind of shape under my belly button and down towards my incision.

I thought about getting an ultrasound to make sure everything is where is should be and baby is not being blocked by the placenta so she can come out.

Have any of you had these concerns and how did you handle it?

Thanks,
Deanna

#2 of 5 Old 05-18-2013, 01:56 PM

I don't have any experience, but I would probably have an ultrasound just to be sure. There are lots of places that do them. It would ease your mind or let you know if you need to transfer. Sorry I'm not more help.
#3 of 5 Old 05-18-2013, 06:23 PM

I'm so sorry, I'm mostly replying because I'm due 5/27 so I "feel" your situation, though I've never had a section. I would also get it checked out w/ an ultrasound. I don't know how to waltz in & schedule an ultrasound w/out a referral but it would be much more freeing to me to labor knowing it was simply a hernial scar or having enough time to change my mindset about where to labor due to something like placenta acreta.

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

#4 of 5 Old 05-18-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I thought about getting an ultrasound to make sure everything is where is should be and baby is not being blocked by the placenta so she can come out.

I think that would be wise. You also want to know that the placenta isn't covering the incision site.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#5 of 5 Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 AM

Any update mama?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page