preconception prep with UC in mind for birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2013, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
DH and i have been discussing when we would like to start TTC our next babe. We are thinking possibly 7-8 months from now. We have recently been getting into eating following a more WAPF/NT style and starting to workout a little more. Are there any other preconception stuff recommended that would make UP/UC-ing easier or better or prevent any possible complications?

TIA

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

A MW acquaintance of mine recommends that all her mamas eliminate gluten & dairy and those that do have significantly easier deliveries. 

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Having great posture habits make pregnancy and birth way easier, and good endurance and strength, squatting muscles especially.

I can vouch for grain and dairy free being good all around, we made that switch and our energy levels got better, digestive problems went away for DH, aches and pains and headaches all gone, and our weight went down without any portion restrictions (I carried a little extra weight before, my husband a lot extra). The "paleo" recipes and recommendations are pretty good but it's flexible don't worry about anybody's rules if you try it. It goes hand in hand with the WAPF good fats information, but goes farther to replace starches and inflammatory stuff with nutrient rich foods.

User Tag List