Positive phrases - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-09-2013, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just found out I'm pregnant with our fourth baby, second UP/UC. I always struggle in the beginning due to a history of miscarriage, so I was wondering what kind of positive phrases do you think about to keep the worries at bay?

Thanks <3

KistheMum likes this.
#2 of 7 Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 PM

Congrats! I guess I don't really have any phrases but I pray, touch my belly, and talk to the baby in my mind. I also look forward to movement and just try not to stress too much.
#3 of 7 Old 08-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Hi. I conceived my twins after a loss and long struggle with infertility. I kept reminding myself that this was a different pregnancy that would have its own outcome, and that just because you had a loss doesn't mean you are going to have more. I also prayed and talked to the kids. I found that inspirational music helped me, as well as talking to supportive friends and family, and my husband. No particular phrases, I guess...best of luck to you, and congratulations.
KistheMum likes this.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband and mother of an angel (lost June '09) and two rainbow1284.gif babies born in July '13. Great things really do come in pairs!
#4 of 7 Old 08-10-2013, 05:42 PM

Good luck to you! I was never able to get past the fear, until well in to my second trimester. I would place my hand on my belly and pray for things to be ok. After 3 losses in a row, I had a very hard time. I really hope everything works out for you!
#5 of 7 Old 08-12-2013, 05:28 PM

Fear is such an interesting thing.

I lost a pregnancy, had a successful pregnancy, lost a pregnancy and am pregnant again.

My biggest fears with my successful pregnancy was pooping during delivery and I was terrified of ending up at a hospital.  My husband was out of the country and the person I hired for the homebirth no-showed...  I had zero support.  Well, I ended up giving birth at a hospital, and we both survived.  And nobody there actually did much of anything.  If anything, I'd say the medical staff got in the way and made it take longer.  Fortunately I showed up extremely last minute and they didn't have time to interfere much.  There was one super supportive nurse, whom I consider to be my red-haired angel and I am eternally grateful to her.

When I lost the third pregnancy, I was told by a midwife in Ontario to go back where I belonged to have the baby and kicked out of care a few weeks after she had accepted me as a client.  I cried for three weeks and lost the baby and hemorrhaged big time, ending up at the hospital where I almost died while left unattended and ended up with a D&C.  I was devastated.

With this pregnancy, there was some wondering whether the baby would stick around, and sometimes there still is.  I just feel so strongly what is meant to be is meant to be at this point.  If this baby doesn't come, it was meant to be.  The power of acceptance seems to just eliminate the fear.

The biggest thing I would tell you is don't resist the fear when it comes.  What you resist, persists.  I would really recommend looking at the fear when it arises and just watch it.  Feel it in your body.  And then watch it go.  It only comes for a few seconds at a time really, as long as we don't latch on to it and keep it and build it.  Sometimes this is easier said than done, but the more you can watch it without attaching to it, the easier it goes when / if it does come.

Congrats and best wishes for your pregnancy !!!  namaste.gif

ShaktiDevi likes this.
#6 of 7 Old 08-13-2013, 12:09 PM

So sorry for the moms here who have lost babies. It can feel so isolating for me at times, and then I realize that my husband and I aren't the only ones who have to deal with this pain. KisTheMum, your hospital and midwife experiences remind me very much of my own. So sorry you have had to deal with that as well. Good luck and best wishes to you with your current pregnancy. I hope that it goes well and you have a good birthing experience. Are you thinking of doing a UC? I ended up considering it due to the bad experiences I have had. Sunshinemama8, how are you doing?
KistheMum likes this.

TizTaz5, wife of a wonderful husband and mother of an angel (lost June '09) and two rainbow1284.gif babies born in July '13. Great things really do come in pairs!
#7 of 7 Old 08-16-2013, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KistheMum View Post

The biggest thing I would tell you is don't resist the fear when it comes.  What you resist, persists.  I would really recommend looking at the fear when it arises and just watch it.  Feel it in your body.  And then watch it go.  It only comes for a few seconds at a time really, as long as we don't latch on to it and keep it and build it.

wise words

KistheMum likes this.

fencing.gif

Shakti & Shiva dancing to this song since Beltaine 2011!

knit.gifFiona, 1/29/04,  modifiedartist.gifRosie, 7/26/05,  and another little  treehugger.gif expected in late November, 2013!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page