Low lying placenta - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-10-2013, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have an anterior low-lying placenta.  It was measured to be .7cm from the inside opening of my cervix.  The tech said that they like it to be at least 1 cm so I'll need it rechecked at 28 weeks.  What concerns are there about a placenta that's so close to the opening of the cervix?  Would it potentially just get in the baby's way?

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#2 of 4 Old 08-12-2013, 05:10 PM

Their concern is it coming out before the baby, or at the exact same time.

If you've had a chance to read Robin Lim's book Placenta the Forgotten Chakra, she talks about a client who asked the placenta to move and it moved all the way to the ideal place.

I'd also recommend checking out the Opening The Way meditations from The Monroe Institute.  http://www.monroeinstitute.org/product/opening-the-way/‎  I've seen testimonials on it where women have been having all sorts of complications and started doing the meditations and ended up with very healthy remainder of their pregnancy and natural birth.  I'm doing the meditations myself, and all is well so far.

Wish you all the best with it.

#3 of 4 Old 08-12-2013, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

They usually move up, or more technically the uterus stretches and the site with the placenta rises. If it's close to placenta previa by the end, besides physically blocking the way, dilation can cause it to detach, then baby won't have it's proper blood supply and there's a bleeding risk to you too. C section is pretty much the only choice with previa.  But, it's early yet and not totally at the bottom, things should be fine.

#4 of 4 Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, those are the concerns I knew of already.  It's not covering the cervix at all, so I figure it will "move up" as my uterus grows and I will try not to worry.

KistheMum likes this.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page