Had my baby boy! UC HBAC! Who photo! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-07-2013, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After about 3 weeks of prodromal labor I finally had him tonight at 8:20pm EST!!!!
Fast and rough for active and transition smile.gif but still just three pushes and he was out!
Cord was around he neck twice but it was loose and long and he was just fine.
Not as easy as my HB of my 10lb 1ozer! And he's only 8lb 14ish but he gave me a run for my money.

I am sore all over from the last stretch and jumping into random positions to push... I don't have any homeopathic stuff on hand... Anyone know if I can just pop a Tylenol or Motrin to help ease the soreness? Is one better than the other? I'm bleeding a bit but nothing bad. No tears that I know of. Just very sore muscles.
My google skills are on hiatus for another few hours at least, thought I'd just ask here smile.gif

DS blahblah.gif 10/04, DD upsidedown.gif 05/08, DS bouncy.gif01/10, DS  thumbsuck.gif Due 09/13
#2 of 9 Old 10-07-2013, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

"Who photo" was "whoo hoo" auto corrected lol

DS blahblah.gif 10/04, DD upsidedown.gif 05/08, DS bouncy.gif01/10, DS  thumbsuck.gif Due 09/13
#3 of 9 Old 10-08-2013, 12:05 AM

Congrats on your new sweetie! I would love a newbie to snuggle.

You can take either, both should work fine in normal doses and not be a problem for baby. I take ibuprofen or aleve before Tylenol, but thats just me. I was given ibuprofen for after labor pains and it worked like a charm.

Have you done a double check for tearing? I'm pretty sure if there was anything more than a skid mark or 1st deg, you would feel it! Still, never hurts to check, as endorphins and excitement can mask the pain for some. Keep an eye on the bleeding too :-)

Congrats again!
#4 of 9 Old 10-08-2013, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I took some motrin and it helped. I'll probably take one more dose since I'm a little stiff (and I mean my shoulders and knees from dropping to all fours and back up then down again so fast). The one nice thing about assisted was so many people to help me up and down and in and out of the tub etc. this time meant so much running around for DH. smile.gif
Nope I didn't tear. Didn't tear a bit with the 10lber with 16.5 inch shoulders either smile.gif #4 for me so I'm very stretchy I guess.

#5 of 9 Old 10-08-2013, 07:47 AM

Congratulations!!  :joy 

#6 of 9 Old 10-08-2013, 08:31 AM

Yay!! Congratulations! I've been thinking about you a lot lately and am glad to hear everything went well!
#7 of 9 Old 10-08-2013, 10:32 AM

Yay! Love hearing about happy successful births! Congrats!
#8 of 9 Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well done, Mama!! Welcome to your sweet one :love

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#9 of 9 Old 10-09-2013, 11:20 AM

Congrats!!! Yay!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page