A rant and a need for direction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so hoping someone here can help us out. We recently moved across the country, away from our crunchy birth community. The small town in western NY we are in Only has CNM's who do not do homebirth, in fact, no one here attends homebirths. I have had 4 c sections ( the first was due to placenta deterioration, the next two were forced upon me and the last was a transfer due to short cord wrapped around her neck) my OB with my last said I was good to go for many more babies and home births.
Now here we are, no prenatal care and no midwife. We had discussed unassisted birth before heading out here and now its seeming to be more likely. To make me slightly more nutty, my dates and measurements are not adding up ( my cycle was way off due to breastfeeding) so my due date is up in the air.
Anyhow, I was hoping for some advice on preparing to catch my own baby. I have Ina may and hearts and hands and am reading both. Anything else I should pick up? Watch? Do?? Thank you ladies *♡*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 11-05-2013, 03:20 PM

I would want someone there if I was attempting a VBAC after 4 c-sections. I'm assuming there are no CPM or DEM even within a 3-4 hour radius of you? Are you going to have a back up in case something goes wrong? 

#3 of 8 Old 11-05-2013, 09:30 PM

I would go with my gut instinct. If you feel you can do it go for it! And if you were told you are good to go home birth that's even better. Assuming you plan to transport if an issue did arrive though? Good luck to you! Hope you get the birth you want!
#4 of 8 Old 11-06-2013, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't been able to find any CPM or DEM anywhere... It's pretty frustrating. I was told by my last birth team that my body is pretty amazing at knowing what to do so I trust that. smile.gif I am positive me and my hubby can do this. And should things change I would transport, though I plan on avoiding that if I can.
A_Random_Phrase likes this.
#5 of 8 Old 11-10-2013, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Have all your births so far been c/s?
#6 of 8 Old 11-10-2013, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I'd get a good Doppler to use during the birth and study what to listen for, given the VBA4C. I'd also write down all the clues to dates I had (LMP, possible conception, pregnancy symptoms, baby movement, and measurements) and what due date and current week each suggests. I'd think about having an OB for an u/s and backup in case of transfer or medical concerns at the end of the pregnancy.

#7 of 8 Old 11-11-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, all c/s 😣 We have a Doppler and are taking measurements and checking in with our birth pro friends back home. I feel more confident than I have in the past weeks. And am settling into this last trimester with hope and peace 😊
#8 of 8 Old 11-11-2013, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is there any chance you could pay a midwife from your prior community to come out and stay with you (or nearby) to assist with the birth?  How far are you from a hospital?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page