Homeopathic chart - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good morning.  Does anyone have a homeopathic chart of remedies to use during and after labor, and for the baby.  I have been compiling some information from various sources and hope to put it into a usable and easy to read chart form so my husband can refer to it during the birth and after.  Just wondered if anyone has already done this and wouldn't mind me using it and adding to it as needed.  I remember last time havin to ask him for various things during the labor, and sometimes I couldn't remember what I would need most.  The chart would help him I think.  I will try to post my chart once I'm done, either way.

thanks!

#2 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

this is what I have so far. Ignore some of the bold font, I highlighted what will probably apply to me based on my previous two labors:

Arnica Give throughout labor, approximately every hour. Helps with pain and

swelling or bruising. Prevents afterpains and hemorrhage.

Give immediately after birth. 3 pellets every 15mins for 1 hour, and then 3 x’s daily for 3 days after the birth. Helps prevent infection. Can also be given to baby after traumatic birth or if there is swelling or bruising (dilute in water and give by dropper or just put the water on the lips).

Bellis Perennis Give after the birth to prevent hemorrhage. Give Arnica first, then 10 mins or so later give bellis perennis. Then give 3 x’s daily for 3 days after birth. Helps with hemoglobin levels and to prevent/treat hemorrhage.

Caulophyllum Long first stage of labor, ineffective contractions. Strengthens contractions. When excitable, restless, nervous, chilly, erratic pains and irregular contractions. Muscular weakness, exhausted, nervous

Can help induce labor or make labor more effective. Exhausted and fretful, want company but don’t want to talk. Good for after pains too (cramps especially while nursing after the birth)

Chamomila Will help with painful contractions, feeling unable to continue. Irritable and abusive. Demanding things, then pushing them away. Low back pain, posterior baby

Gelsemium Likely to be effective when caulophyllum fails to act. End of labor, ineffectual contractions. Baby appears to ascend rather than descend with contractions. Drowsy and listless, sleepy when should be pushing. Performance anxiety. Anticipation anxiety just prior to birth of baby.

Cimicifuga Labor pains felt in back hips and thighs instead of uterus. Pain shooting up and down thighs or across pelvis hop to hop. Cramping in large muscles. Fear that something bad will happen. Talking incessantly to relieve fear. Sensitive to noise. Worse from cold. Hysterical with pain.

Kali Carbonicum- BACK (PAIN) LABOR, POSTERIOR BABY****

Nux Vomica Irregular labor pains, little progression of labor. Pains extend to back and rectum. Desire to move bowels and urinate, mother will comment on this often. Irritable, impatient, oversensitive to all external impressions/sensations (noise, touch, odors), very chilly

Pulsatilla Early labor when contractions come and go and labor is not fully established. May help establish labor. Feeling of suffocating if don’t get air

Weepy, restless, can’t tolerate warm room.

Can help bring placenta out if its taking too long after baby is born

Rescue Remedy Overwhelmed, emotional, feeling out of control, unable to cope with pain, feeling of not being able to continue with labor, exhausted. 4 drops on tongue or in water. Repeat as often as needed during labor or after.

RorysMum likes this.
#3 of 4 Old 11-11-2013, 06:11 PM

I've gotten my list down to 4 essential oils and a carrier oil (I'm thinking probably sweet almond oil):

Helichrysum Essential Oil- Helichrysum essential oil is great to use on your perineum during delivery to prevent trauma and tearing. It helps prevent swelling for you and also the baby as it comes through the birth canal. You can just use a small amount of helichrysum with a carrier oil and rub it on. This is great to use in combination with a ginger compress on your perineum.

I've also heard a few drops of helichrysum under the tongue can quickly stop hemmorhage.

Peppermint Essential Oil- You can smell peppermint essential oil to relieve nausea during labor. This oil is also helpful to relieve the pain from back labor. Just massage on your lower back.

Clary Sage Essential Oil- Clary Sage is a versatile essential oil for labor. It causes more effective contractions, so you can put a few drops on your inner ankles to keep labor progressing well. You can also try this as a natural way to induce labor. It can also be used to reduce pain and aid in circulation.

Jasmine Essential Oil- Jasmine helps relieve pain and also causes more effective contractions. Use with massage on lower back or abdomen.

#4 of 4 Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

The essential oils sound wonderful! However, I'm so incredibly sensitive to odors during labor, that I don't think I can handle it.  I love essential oils but currently don't have any and don't plan on getting any because everything makes me want to puke during labor; candles, food, you name it.  Let us know how the oils work out, would love to find out.

bcgartley likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page