writing a book and I want your advice! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey ladies...so i've had this book brewing in me for a long time and i'm finally feeling the push to actually write it. The book will be geared towards UCer's but I want it to also feel accessible to moms planning a more "conventional" birth whether that's at home or in the hospital. I am hoping to support the cultivation of a new paradigm for looking at many of the questions, challenges, concerns, etc that arise during pregnancy and birth and how we can move through them from a conscious and empowered place. I plan to include both these spiritual pieces as well as practical pieces on herbal/natural support for pregnancy, birth, postpartum, etc. 

So...my question for all of you who UC or are interested in UC....what would YOU like to see in a book geared towards our community??? What did you wish you were able to read in a well researched, well informed book on natural/spiritual birth? What questions came up for you that were specific to UCing? From your experience what areas of knowledge are lacking or hard to access as a woman planning to birth her baby unassisted??

Thanks in advance mamas! I am so looking forward to birthing this <3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 06:27 PM

Oooo! Awesome! I could probably come up with more ideas as I think about it but the first thing that pops in my head is a section for daddies on what they can be doing before to prepare and during labor. Or things the woman can talk about with the hubby to prepare him and help his mind be at ease? Not sure how clear that suggestion is but I find myself lacking as what we should be talking about and things I should encourage him to read. Simplicity is good! Although hubby seems on board with my decision he really isn't doing much reading or preparing. I've tried googling uc for the daddy or something along those lines and couldn't find anything!
#3 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 06:37 PM

Maybe include a section of just positive birth stories if you can? Assuming you'd probably need permission tho from the ladies...I don't know. Um, definitely a common complication section and how you can deal with those complications. And how about choices for the placenta? Oooo! What about a section for dealing with family and such? My family is very supportive of uc. It actually was her idea which took me a bit too warm up to and now I'm excited for it! But I know many people deal with flack from friends, family. I've chosen not to tell anybody other than immediate family and couple close friends. Maybe a section on water birthing? Tips on this or that. Pools,
What about having others at birth? Not sure what u could write about that. I'd love my two year old with me. Not sure how well it will go but my sister is close and can get her if need be. Anyway, if I think of anything else I'll come back to it :-)
#4 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgnorton123 View Post

...the first thing that pops in my head is a section for daddies on what they can be doing before to prepare and during labor. Or things the woman can talk about with the hubby to prepare him and help his mind be at ease?

I like that! My husband's main hang-up was over his role in the entire process. He was so worried that he was supposed to replace the midwife, and I had to explain to him that his role wasn't that of a medical professional.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page