Baby #6 born unassisted at 37 weeks, 3 days - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-29-2013, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My newest little sweet pea was born 3 weeks ago.  This was my second UC.  I started having a lot of contractions at about 30 weeks and it progressed to be way too many for my comfort.  I had real worries of premature labor.  So at 32 weeks I put myself on modified bedrest.  Definitely hard to rest with 5 other children, but my husband took some time off of work plus I had help from family and was able to stay off of my feet most of the time.  At 36 weeks, 5 days I decided to go off of bedrest b/c I felt comfortable going into labor after that point.  5 days later my water broke.  I don't know if the bedrest actually made a difference, but I'm so glad I did it b/c I wouldn't have wanted her born any earlier than she was!  So about 4:30am, I am laying in bed and feel my water trickle out a bit.  I decide to go to the bathroom to see what is going on and as I'm walking there, the big gush happens.  I was also having lots and lots of pinkish mucus discharge.  I cleaned myself up, put on a big pad and decided to walk around the house a bit.   I hadn't felt any contractions since the previous day at this point. 

After walking around and still no cntx, I laid down on the sofa and started to doze off.  I was then jolted awake by a very painful, serious contraction, about 45 minutes after the water breaking.  Contractions came very regularly from then on and were 5-7 minutes apart.  I woke up my husband and then sat on my birthing ball and rocked for a while and watched some tv.  Contractions continued to be more and more painful.  I mostly sat on the ball or during cntx would stand and hug my husband and sway back and forth.  I was feeling a little hungry and ate a few bites of oatmeal and a banana.  

Around 6 or so, the sun was just coming up and I decided to go for a walk outside.  It just hit me that I wanted to be outside with nature for a bit.  It was chilly, but I put on sweatpants and my coat and started walking around the woods behind our property.   My husband wanted to come but I told him to stay b/c I really wanted time alone.  The woods were so beautiful and peaceful at that time.  I would stop occassionally and lean on a tree for support and breathe through a contraction and then continue walking in the crisp air.   After a while I realized cntx were coming every 2-3 minutes and I was feeling a lot of pressure.  It was getting hard for me to walk so I made my way back to the house.   I was now in hard labor and feeling the urge to bear down.  I told my husband to fill our tub as I continued to breathe.  It felt so nice to come in from the chilly air and slip into the warm water.   I was in A LOT of pain now and every contraction took my breath away.  My kids were now awake and my 1 yo wanted to nurse.  Even though it was difficult, I Let her come in the tub with me and nurse.  It was actually nice few minutes of her still being my "baby."  Suddenly I knew it was time.  I gave my 1yo to my husband and got on all fours in the tub.  I grunted and beared down and reached back and felt my baby's head.  I slowly alternated panting and pushing till suddenly there she was!  My husband helped me flip over and I held my little darling.  So sweet and beautiful!!  Born only 3 hours after my water broke with 5 minutes of pushing.  She weighed 6lbs 8 oz and is very healthy.  Her name is Stella and she nurses like a champ.  We are very happy with our new addition!

Happy SAHM to:

DD - 9
DS - 7
DS - 6
DD - 4
DD - 1
DD - Brand New!

PreggoInLove likes this.
#2 of 9 Old 11-30-2013, 01:58 AM

This sounds like a dream! So happy for you and your family. Beautiful birth smile.gif
#3 of 9 Old 11-30-2013, 11:34 AM

Oh congratulations!! smile.gif
#4 of 9 Old 11-30-2013, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Wow so awsome. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
#5 of 9 Old 12-01-2013, 12:48 AM

Awesome! Congrats!
#6 of 9 Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow! Such a wonderful story!! Congratulations and welcome to your sweet new girl :love

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#7 of 9 Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 PM

Congratulations!  Were all your births fast?

Carly bf.jpg , wife to Danny namaste.gif (married 2.17.13 stillheart.gif), Mama to Asterion babyf.gif (9.19.13) uc.jpgh20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif
#8 of 9 Old 12-10-2013, 08:00 PM

That sounds so peaceful ♥

Kailey 8.1.06 Midwife - Hospital

Nola 3.20.09  Midwife - Homebirth

EDD 7.12.14 New Midwives -  Outdoor Homebirth w/ a Team Green baby!

33 weeks

#9 of 9 Old 12-11-2013, 09:59 PM

Absolutely wonderful.  This story made me smile.  I also have short labors and the want to be alone.  I also happen to be 37 weeks tomorrow, and have lots of signs that labor is approaching!  So excited to meet my new baby.  Do you happen to have any pics? :)

matlori likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page