A cra66y question ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-19-2013, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The supper before my last birth I had this huge craving for roast beef and mashed potatoes, I ate like 2 plates! I usually do not eat like that, but felt like I really needed it, and the energy boost. Well at midnight things started off with a bang as usual. While in the van driving in I started pushing, I made a huge mess everywhere, over and over again! No one ever mentioned a thing, and my husband had it all cleaned up when he got back to the van hours later. But it still happened. I also did the same thing in a smaller amount at another birth.

Can someone please help me to understand how this all works and be honest about what the chances are of it happening againÉ And what kind of dangers there are do this, and how me and my husband can deal with it. I want to birth the first baby in water and will move out if baby two is breech.   

#2 of 6 Old 12-19-2013, 04:02 PM

I don't think there's anything you can do really to prevent it...it just happens during labor for many women. I read one woman had six children and she messed with every single one of them! I too don't look forward to this part of birth, but at least I've forewarned my hubby it very well may happen :-)
matlori likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Ya, I should probably remind hubby about that! LOL! 

How dangerous is it for the baby? If I do not notice it, does hubby need to make sure it is dealt with right away? Maybe I am just fussing too much? I just know that at one time infection was a huge part of infant and maternal death, I am not sure as to if this has something to do with that or not.

Thank you everyone for all of your advice, the more we make it into this pregnancy, the more I am sure that these babies need me to be able to focus on the job at hand. Hope to stay out of the HOSPITAL.

Lori

#4 of 6 Old 12-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Um, considering sooo many woman do water births and so many of them DO make messes during...I guess I think you're overthinking and worrying too much...Just relax momma! :) 

matlori likes this.
#5 of 6 Old 12-21-2013, 03:40 PM

You'll be fine, and so will your baby. It does not harm either of you. It's just a mess after all smile.gif.
#6 of 6 Old 12-21-2013, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

If you're GBS+ or had any infections besides that you'd probably get antibiotics in labor, that's the only contamination worry for baby, everything else is just getting introduced to normal flora, mostly beneficial stuff. I've heard of using an aquarium net to clean out any solid messed in the water.

matlori likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page