UC in Missouri - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live 20 miles west of Saint Louis. I am 16 weeks pregnant with my third child and I am deadset on avoiding another Csection. I had a Csection in 2010 due to complications and the doctors gave me no choice but to have a cesarean with my second child although it was a healthy pregnancy with no complications. I have since then been researching and reading several home birth after cesarean books and am very confident that I can and will do this. I have contacted many if not all midwives in the area and none of them are willing to attend my VBAMC. So, I feel like I have no choice but to do this alone. I don't have a family support system and my husbands family are very black and white with their thinking so they think I'm making a horrible decision. I need tips, advice, encouragement, any useful resources or information/links, names of Midwives who support VBAMC that may be in the area, etc. I want to be full prepared for this. Can I get my child taken away from me for being 'negligent' and going against my obgyn's wishes? She pretty much told me I would die if I didn't have a C section.
#2 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
How far away are you from Viburnum? I have friends there who might know someone...or PM me your town if you want and I'll ask around. Congrats on your pg. smile.gif
#3 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in O'Fallon. Thank you
#4 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 04:01 PM

I had an UC in MO 5 months ago. I live in springfield. You cannot get your child taken away for it. It's your choice. It is not illegal to UC in any state. Congrats momma!!!
brandinicole49 likes this.
#5 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk51673 View Post

I had an UC in MO 5 months ago. I live in springfield. You cannot get your child taken away for it. It's your choice. It is not illegal to UC in any state. Congrats momma!!!
Would you elaborate on your experience and how you prepared for it?
#6 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Have you put out feelers for a doula? That might be an option if you're looking into a UC but still want some woman-attention and support. Even a friend willing to be with you might be something you're interested in. Sorry if that's not helpful. It just sounded like you weren't looking into UC because of a desire to birth alone or just with a partner.
#7 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 PM

My birth story is posted. It's Unassisted Birth of John David
#8 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 07:59 PM

I am also open to any and all questions you have. Just send me a message!!
#9 of 10 Old 02-17-2014, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

I have also spoken with doulas who will not agree to attend a home birth after 2 cesareans. I understand it would put them at risk if anything happened. It's just very discouraging. I have faith in myself to do it myself if I must.
#10 of 10 Old 06-05-2014, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
going for my 4th uc here.... yep no law against it...I actually had a doctors office try to get me in trouble with child services when I brought my first uc baby in for checkup.... child services just said it wasn't illegal. so don't worry about that.... as for vb homebirths my friend in Springfield mo has had 3 vbac homebirths with a midwife in the Springfield area. I believe the midwifes name is Lori Link. I don't know if she still is active or if she would travel that far..... but might be an option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page