Nacogdoches, TX - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We moved to TX from CO last october and I have yet to find a friend that trusts birth. There has to be someone, right? I can't believe I'm the only one here planning UP/UC. I am pregnant with baby #4, this will be our second family birth. I would love to meet some like minded mamas in my area.!

#2 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome Ktdavis!! You might also post in the mamas in your area part of the forum to see if you can rouse anyone there.
And/or in your due date club! Lots of options to explore! Enjoy getting to know folks!

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#3 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

I realized that after I posted and I thought about cross posting but I'm not looking for just anyone pregnant. I'm looking for women who have had a free birth or are planning one. I'm looking for face to face like minded support, not debate or argument. 

#4 of 5 Old 05-05-2014, 03:32 PM

I'm nowhere near you but I did want to say that my most supportive and trusting friends haven't themselves UC'd or UP'd but have homebirthed so maybe even finding some homebirthing mamas in your area could be helpful?  It would, I'm sure, depend on the person/friend.  Just throwing that out there for thought.  I don't personally know anyone who's UC'd IRL near me but a LOT of my friends happened to all end up home-birthing and since they are supportive of women's rights to birth at home they also support women's rights to have a midwife if they feel they want/need that support or to NOT have one if they do NOT want/need one.  

KtDavis82 likes this.

Rachel, mom to 5 children and expecting another in 2014!

Our blog!

#5 of 5 Old 05-12-2014, 09:44 AM

You just might be the first in your area. HB doesn't really happen in my area, there are currently zero legal practicing midwives in our area. There is only 1 lady I know of at church who had a midwife for her 7th. Her husband didn't like the gentle hands-off approach so they UC'd for their 8th & 9th. But does it count if he's a doctor? I thought that was neat. They were pleased for our successful UC, & there is another couple very strongly considering & researching everything before their decision/ pregnancy announcement is official. Thanks to all of the lovely ladies here on MDC I had a ton of info./ resources ready when she approached.

It is better face-to face but I wouldn't have had as much to offer w/out the on-line community; one feeds the other. I'm glad we weren't (in your face) vocal about our UC but we didn't lie when asked either. Our whole church knew & having all of the prayer support during labor meant a lot even though I knew that probably most of them didn't agree w/ our decision but no one was negative or unsupportive, either. As Rachie said, my most supportive friends were natural/ birth center type birthers themselves.

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page