shepherds purse - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 06-23-2014, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
shepherds purse

I got dried shepherds purse from In His Hands. I want to make the tea ahead of time. I hae heard that you should drink it cold and that it can keep for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
I am having a really hard time finding info on how to make and then use the tea for postpartum bleeding prevention and for use with too heavy of bleeding. Can someone please help me out on this one?
We are due in three weeks with breech twin girls. We live out of town, but plan on calling EMT as soon as pushing starts. So there will be help if needed, but we plan on using sheperds purse tea and essential oils as soon as the second placenta has been delivered as a preventative.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
In an emergency, I would use an alcohol tincture of it to control bleeding as it is more potent, a 1 tsp dropperful under the tongue every minute. If you're using it as a tea for preventative I would say just have a cup or 2 (they suggest 2c daily for period cramping as well), shepherd's purse is mainly for after the placenta(s) comes either way. Angelica might be worth looking at if you need something before they come.
#3 of 3 Old 06-23-2014, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are unable to get the tinctures here, and there is no time to make them, so tea it will have to be. How do I make the tea? Drink a couple cups right after birth then, and maybe a couple more if the bleeding is too much?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page