Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Middle of everywhere
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
what exactly do you suggest? take the anti-biotics that I am allergic to? I cant even touch them without it triggering at least a small reaction and of course that reaction is WAY worse if I actually ingest them.
Yes, I have been dealing with this for months. Has it been bad? No, I just notice that if I don't drink a lot of water in the day that I get the burning sensation. I have had way worse uti's in the past. This one is nothing more than a bother. Yes, I would like to get over it but I am not the slightest bit concerned with kidney infection. Again, this isn't my first time ever having a uti. I am well versed in the signs, symptoms and all of the traditional treatments. I have done everything that I can except take the anti-biotics that I have had allergic reactions to. I have contemplated even taking them just to get completely rid of this. But I am told that I shouldn't because the reaction will be way worse than the first time. And I have realized that over the years, I have become even more sensitive to it. The first time I took the drug, it took days (almost a full week) to cause any reaction. I chalked it up to being out in the sun (since it said that when on that drug you shouldn't be in the sun). So next time I had a uti, I took it again. First pill, I had that same reaction that took days to acquire before and this time I wasn't in the sun at all. And then later on, even having the slightest contact with it has caused slight reactions.....thankfully in those instances just a rash...not the severe swelling like the times I ingested it. My daughter was prescribed an antibiotic and I just was the one handing it to her and it caused me to have a slight reaction. And when my husband was on it, I made sure not to touch it, but even with just kissing him shortly after him taking it, I had a slight reaction. So I don't want to chance ingesting it again. Thankfully the two times I did take it, even though there was severe swelling, my air ways stayed open enough for me to breath. But unfortunately with my brother (he is allergic to it too), when he had a reaction to it, it shut his airways and he had to get emergency medical help. I don't want to chance it.
I am trying my best to drink plenty of water. Of course with being pg, we require even more water...and that is why I have had such an issue. I have been drinking cranberry juice and taking probiotics. I have been reducing sugar intake as well. I don't know of any other options for me at this point. If you have an idea, feel free to give it to me. I am all ears (that would be funnier if you had ever seen me after I took that drug....lol....my whole face swells to laughable proportions....not that it is funny at the time, but I can laugh afterwards =S )