UC Support Thread #12 -- December 2004 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 192 Old 12-03-2004, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, Here's the new thread. Thanks Niki -- Hope I'm doing this right!

uc thread #1
uc thread #2
uc thread #3
uc thread #4
uc thread #5
uc thread #6
uc thread #7
uc thread #8
uc thread #9
uc thread #10
uc thread #11
roll call

andrea -- UC 8/03 story
Aurora -- UC 10/03 story
Whit -- UC 11/03
2much2luv -- UC 1/04
thechrysalis -- UC 1/04
Mothernature -- UC 1/04
indigolilybear -- UC 3/04 pics (first UC 5/01 story)
citizenfong -- UC 3/04 pics
Carrieanders -- UC 4/10/04 story
Chaka Falls -- UC 4/04
amyamanda -- UC 5/04 story
Karenpl -- UC 6/04 story
bookwormmama -- UC 6/04
wildthing -- midwife-attended 6/04 story
grnbn76 -- emergency cesarean, 7/04 story
Hathor -- UC 7/04 story
Mamajaza -- UC 7/04 pics
ChildoftheMoon -- born still 7/19/04 peacefully at home story
gr8fulmom -- UC 7/04 story
luna13mama -- UC 7/04
Chandar -- UC 7/04 story
Klothos -- UC 7/23/04 story
madrone -- UC 8/19/04
TinyBabyBean -- midwife-attended 8/04 story (if you're still reading - you may want to relocate your birth story, as that forum is closing...)
violet -- UC 8/19/04
Oshunmama -- midwife-attended 8/04 story
lovemygirl -- UC 9/9/04 story
mellie-bellie -- UC 9/27/04
blueviolet -- UC 9/04 story (first UC 7/01, story)
JesseMomme -- UC 9/21/04 (first UC 11/02, story)
StacyL -- Hospital transport 9/19/04 story
4xmamamia -- UC 9/30/04
amyjeans -- UC 10/9/04 story
rachel -- UC 10/25/04 story
lafemmedesfemmes -- UC 11/8/04 story
DancerMom -- UC 11/12/04 story

Ame -- first half of December
laurata -- December (first UC 3/02, story )
Lula's Mom -- December
AmyD -- EDD December 7th
nikirj -- EDD December 30
Asheville Mama -- EDD January 1 2005
mamamaya -- mid January 2005
zonapellucida -- late January 2005
Chiromom -- Jan/Feb 2005 (first UC 2/03 story)
Dandylion -- Jan/Feb 2005
Mama2Lennon -- Jan/Feb 2005
Hayliesmom -- February 2005
mehndi mama -- late February 2005
KateSt. -- February 2005
rainbowmoon -- April 2005
FreeRangeMama -- April 2005 (first UC 9/03)
carlasher -- mid March 2005
sprinkle pocket -- late March 2005
Selissa -- June/July 2005
ChildoftheMoon (Brandi) -- late August 2005

Please PM me to make changes.

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#2 of 192 Old 12-03-2004, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

It's December, ladies! Niki -- thanks for you help.

Amy -- Anxiously awaiting your post!!!!

#3 of 192 Old 12-03-2004, 09:27 PM

I made it over!

December has already been a super sucky month *blech* Wed I pulled som emuscles in my back, my entire left side was in so much pain all i could do was lay down on a heating pad. Thursday was a little better, enough that I could do some mild housework. Today I over did it and my back is killing me again. I hate Fridays, grocery shopping, mommy & me gymnastics, play group all right on top of each other. There are only 2 classes left to gymnastics and then I think I am going to drop the class until after this baby is born. Its either that or drop playgroup and really we all benefit from playgroup most since I also have other kids that are homeschooled.

Oh yeah also on Wed I got a call from sprint to find out DH hadn't been paying the bill--AGAIN! We went thru this a few months ago when I found out he hadn't been paying any bills, inclusding the car note for the car my dad put in his name for me. As of Jan 1 tho his paycheck is going to my personal acct and he gets an allotment for his needs like gas & lunch. I so didn;t want to have to take on the bills again since I have been doing them for some many years prior but its obvious he can't handle the money and I can't deal with the stress of wondering if he is paying te bills and constantly nagging him to pay them. Easier to jus ttake the money back over and handle it myself. I hate that I have to do this, honestly. He is a grown man a good husband and father, just obviously not at all responsible when it comes to money.

So thats my mth so far and its only the 3rd I hope the rest of it gets better!
#4 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 02:23 AM

I am still lurking about and loving reading everyone's birth stories. I am working on dh about starting ttc. He just rolls his eyes. The subtle hints are working though, I just know they are. Hopefully soon I will be posting here about planning a UC, but for now I am just following along.

Mother to one wild and crazy boy 12/29/2002.
Midwife, Homeschool Educator and Crafter.
#5 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

BionicSquirrel -- It's good to see you. I'm sure the idea of ttc will seep into his subconscious very soon. Good luck!

Jennie -- so sorry your december is starting off so horribly! I hope it turns around for you very soon. Your Fridays sound overwhelming! I can't imagine fitting in a m/w appt amongst all that. Dropping something sounds like a good idea. I also want to thank you again for your post in the last thread. I reread it and it really does speak to me --btw I don't think it sounds hokey at all that you didn't want your inner voice to be clouded. That's just how I feel!
I think it's great you want to become a natural childbirth advocate. I'm sure you'll figure out what direction to take.

Happy news for me -- dh is finally 100% on board with uc! It happened gradually after I stopped pushing him, and now he's just as confident as I am. What a wonderful, welcome relief! He's been talking to our baby more and listening to my belly every night. Since he's come to this decision he seems even more bonded to our baby. I'm just so happy and content. You ladies have been following me on this journey thus far, so I had to share...

Happy weekend everyone.

#6 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 12:19 PM

Hi All,

I am just subscribing, and hoping to actually keep up with this thread this time :LOL

Just to remind you, I am Laurie, Mama to 2 boys, planning my 2nd UC this April. I had my ds in Sept/03 after a great UP/UC. I can't wait to do it again

#7 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 12:21 PM

That's great news Kate!

I handle the bills in our house too...but I like it

Stacey
#8 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 01:25 PM

Kate--I htought having everything scheduled in one day woul dmake things less hectic since a few weeks ago we had the kids in activities every day except Wed. What was I thinking? LOL But i am going to drop the gymnastics class, I don't think Rory is really ready yet. The 2 older boys are going to start bowling on Sundays with dad and Xan will stick with his Sat gymnastics. So hopefully after Christmas things will settle down.

I'm glad my post didn't sound hokey :-) Congrats on DH getting on board. I neve rknew if mine was 100% until we were actually in labor. He really amazed me!
#9 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 02:56 PM

hey all
just subscribing, and have a quick question for you.
Is it me or what? How soon after your childs birth did you begin menses?
Even with agressive b-feeding-I thought I would have at least 5-6 months of freedom, but not the case. 7 weeks for both my babes.
:
Why is that?
One the good side- we can start ttc again!
Thanks for your input!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#10 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 03:09 PM

jenniebug~ wow, you have 4 boys??! Do you think you'll have another boy with this one? My cousin just had her 4th boy (a suprise) I guess if you have a girl this time, she sure will have alot of people looking out for her!
#11 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 04:37 PM

Hello everyone. I'm at 32 weeks and last night I was experiencing some menstrual-like cramps and was hoping to get some feedback on them. I didn't feel particularly worried about it at the time, but I've never experienced anything like that this early, so wondered if anyone else had. They were not regular and they lasted about 30 minutes or so (or maybe longer, I'm not totally sure because I went to bed and though I could still feel it and it kept me from deep sleep, I was mostly asleep). They did hurt and they felt just like the beginning of my last two labors, only not regular. I had had a pretty active day with a lot more activity than I normally have, so I wonder if that may have contributed. I'm feeling fine today and haven't felt anything more. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.
#12 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 05:13 PM

JUst wanted to pop in and say "hi"!

I am going to try and be here more. Sending best wishes to all the preggos!!
#13 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Stephanie, Don't have any insight, but I hope thing are okay with you today.
My thought are with you (I'm just 3 weeks behind you).

Hi Indigolilybear!

#14 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 06:34 PM

Hi all! I've been incredibly crazed with too much activity for the past two months and haven't kept up well.

We opened a new chiropractic office with a dear friend and I am back to practicing part time after a one year break. I am really really enjoying reconnecting with my passion for practice (especially working with women and children) but BOY am I pooped!!!!

This pregnancy has been really kicking my behind! Between caring for two children and working close to full time as we start up and not really getting naps and just being pregnant for the third time being hard on my body (maybe its age a little?)...I am not *enjoying* this last pregnancy like I had intended. [DH is getting the *snip snip* done in the next few weeks...so this will REALLY be our last.]

My issue these days is: I am dreading/putting off finding out what I have to do to register this child. We lived in Wisconsin when I had my previous UC and getting her *registered* was a pain in the butt. Now we live in Iowa, and I have the impression that the process is even more complicated here. I have had absolutely no outside prenatal care for this child and I really don't want to do so just to satisfy some beauracratic (can't spell) BS... I am unsure where to start, who to ask, and how much I will need to lie to obtain the info I need from the state on what the requirements will be...but I don't want to do nothing and then set off some red flag with the state if I wait and after the baby is born just say "oh well...the baby is here...whatcha gonna do?"

So, to recap: I am big, uncomfortable, exhausted and stressing over registering the baby. However, I am very comfortable and confident about the actual birth and finally feeling connected to this child and excited to meet him/her. BTW...I have about two months still to go.
#15 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion
I'm at 32 weeks and last night I was experiencing some menstrual-like cramps and was hoping to get some feedback on them. I didn't feel particularly worried about it at the time, but I've never experienced anything like that this early, so wondered if anyone else had. .

Dandylion- I have had BH contractions like this for months now. I think that I am just better able to feel my body warming up for labor with each pregnancy (my third also) and while they can be *uncomfortable*...no big deal. In fact..I usually think something like, "good, my body is doing exactly what it needs to so I can have another awesome labor like last time". Sometimes I don't feel any for a week or two and sometimes I have them almost everyday for a while.
#16 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjeans
? How soon after your childs birth did you begin menses?
Even with agressive b-feeding-I thought I would have at least 5-6 months of freedom, but not the case. 7 weeks for both my babes.
I have read that just feeding on demand is not always enough. The research I saw said that sleep sharing both at night and during naps can really effect the hormonal balance required to keep you from menstruating. I do not know if you do all those things or not.

I know that moms who go back to work generally begin menstruating much faster than moms who maintain contact with their babes all day. This may not explain your situation...but this what I have read.

FYI: I was 18 months with DS before first menses and 15 months with DD. They nursed about equally but I spent a little less contact time with DD as my life was just busier and busier. I have known women who co-sleep and are SAHMs who begin memnses within months...so...there are always exceptions I guess.
#17 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mamajaza*
jenniebug~ wow, you have 4 boys??! Do you think you'll have another boy with this one? My cousin just had her 4th boy (a suprise) I guess if you have a girl this time, she sure will have alot of people looking out for her!
Actually 3 boys, Rory is a girl lol her real name is Victoria but I just fell in love with the nick Rory from Gilmore Girls.

I think this next one is another girl just y the way I have been feeling and carrying, but other pregnancy symptoms seem to point to boy. I can't wait to see fi my instinct is right again. I sure hope so since i already started buying girly fitted diapers
:LOL
#18 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 06:55 PM

AmyJean--with my 2nd son (1st full time nurser) i got AF back right at 6 weeks pp. I somehwat expected it but was hoping for longer. When my last wa sborn I was tandem nursing which REALLY helped delay AF for 10 mths. I am hoping, even tho i am not tandem this time, that I will have another 10-12 mths AF free

Stephanie--I experience ctx like that if I have done too much, especially around the time of pregnancy you are in. I would take it easy and make sure you are keeping up on your fluids.
#19 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniebug
Actually 3 boys, Rory is a girl lol her real name is Victoria but I just fell in love with the nick Rory from Gilmore Girls.
Ooops! Sorry. I'm so fasinated when someone has all of one sex kind of babies. As I said before, my cousin has 4 boys (all in a row, no girls), and I was thinking "What are the odds?", maybe something like 2% chance of having all boys.... anyways, I guess this is totally OT... so back to talking about UC

About PP bleeding... I bled for about 6 weeks after both of my babies were born... and my "moon" returned at about 7? months with my first, and my moon hasn't returned yet with baby #2. I was co-sleeping and constanly nursing my first baby. With this one, I'm constanly nursing *both* of them, and co-sleeping with both of em', so I don't know when my moon will return this time. I'm way too fertile. I wish I could have a few years beween my babies!
#20 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 09:20 PM

AmyJeans, I'm lucky and get about 15-18m without menses after each baby. Its great! But I think for me its heredity, my mom was the same way. And I was blessed with the family genes for fast easy labors too...my sister was not and it really ticked her off

Shoot, I forgot what else I wanted to say...darn mommy brain

Stacey
#21 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 09:21 PM

Its ok, Rory is normally a boys name!
#22 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 09:28 PM

My cycle returned with ds1 at 15 months, and with ds2 at 8 months. I am tandem nursing, so you would think that would delay it longer (at least that is what I hoped, but now I am pg with #3 so I'm happy in the end). The big difference was that I was nursing less at night. As soon as both boys started nursing less often at night and sleeping a little longer stretches my fertility was on its way back. Hopefully nursing 3 will help keep fertility away after this next baby as I think my body needs a rest!

#23 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 09:28 PM

Oh yeah,

Stephanie I get ctx pretty much from 3-4m or so on. I don't mind because I think that is why my labors are so fast, I'm probably mostly dialated before they really get intense. Just stay hydrated and try to rest.

Jenniebug, As a mom of a gymnast I'll warn you to run...lol. That sport just sucks you in. Haylie has been in the gym since she was 2 and now it sometimes seems she spends more time in the gym then she does at home. I know she's in a leotard more than not...lol. Actually this year she is trying swim team too so she's at the gym a mere 5 hours a week and in the pool another 3-4. Next year she has to pick one sport, I swear I spend more time in the car. Well I'm rambling, sorry

Stacey
#24 of 192 Old 12-04-2004, 11:56 PM

A relative of mine had five children, all boys! For some reason I thought for sure I was going the same route, and was VERY surprised that both #3 & 4 were girls.

Stephanie, this last pregnancy I had cramping from about 20 weeks on. It never got to feeling like labor contractions, and never became regular (as far as I could tell.) Every time it happened it made me really happy because it made me feel like my body was getting itself ready, slowly but surely. I never had the feeling that it was a sign of something wrong, and apparently I was right because she was born term, healthy with a normal labor!
#25 of 192 Old 12-05-2004, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiromom
I have read that just feeding on demand is not always enough. The research I saw said that sleep sharing both at night and during naps can really effect the hormonal balance required to keep you from menstruating. I do not know if you do all those things or not.

I know that moms who go back to work generally begin menstruating much faster than moms who maintain contact with their babes all day. This may not explain your situation...but this what I have read.

FYI: I was 18 months with DS before first menses and 15 months with DD. They nursed about equally but I spent a little less contact time with DD as my life was just busier and busier. I have known women who co-sleep and are SAHMs who begin memnses within months...so...there are always exceptions I guess.
I'm nursing my youngest and pumping for my oldest (whew!), so the demand has dramatically increased as opposed to my first babe. We co-sleep and
i'm home. Call me fertile Mirtle!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#26 of 192 Old 12-05-2004, 02:46 AM

Thanks everyone for the feedback on my crampy, contractions-or-not. I wasn't terribly worried about it, but it is good to hear that others have experienced it from early on as well, simply because I never did. I have been feeling a lot more BH contrax in this pregnancy than in my previous ones and they have been far more uncomfortable than the ones I had in my previous pregnancies. But the ones last night had more of an element of pain than just discomfort. I've had a few random ones today that were almost the same too and lots of BH contrax. I guess my body is just gearing up! I'm pretty excited. I can't believe I have only 2 more months left (more or less). I know how fast that can go.
#27 of 192 Old 12-05-2004, 03:38 AM

I'm 39 weeks, due sometime in the next few days... This is my third baby, and second planned UC. I am feeling so... discouraged, I guess. I have been feeling for a few days now that this baby will be coming "very soon." I haven't thought yet, "this is it," but I keep thinking, "Today could be the day. These contractions maybe be early labor." I feel frustrated that I haven't gone into "real" labor yet.

I am tired of the bouts of frequent, long contractions that peter out after half and hour or an hour. I am tired of people asking me when I am due and telling me I look ready to pop. I am tired of periodically having a day of loose bowels that ends in nothing. I am tired of feeling constipated when I am not because of the pressure baby puts on my bowels. I am tired of contractions that lead to nowhere. I am tired of not having clothes that cover all my skin. I am tired of my belly pressing against my steering wheel, and tables in restaraunts. I am tired of cooking and cleaning and packing.

I should be grateful for every day that I have being mama to just two. I should be grateful for any extra time I have to pack. (We have to move 12/19.) I want to be savoring these last days and weeks. But I am not. I am tired and grumpy and frustrated. I'm not even past my due date. I could have another three weeks. I did have both my girls right at the 40 wk mark, but every baby and every pregnancy are different.

I am nervous about not going into labor before the move. I pick the place we live now in large part because I felt like I could give birth here. I wasn't even pregnant at the time! I could see myself birthing in the big, lovely bathtub that our landlords installed. I've imagined waterbirthing for months. Am I going to lose out on that? I can't afford even a fishy pool at this point because of all the moving expenses, not to mention Christmas. (I think we'll be having a dollar store exchange for christmas THIS year. We're going to be so broke. :-/)

I just want to have my baby in my arms, to snuggle her (or him!), to kiss and smell, and even taste this child of mine. I've spent almost a year imagining and dreaming and hoping for this babe. I feel like I've waited long enough. I want my baby in my arms now.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#28 of 192 Old 12-05-2004, 11:48 AM

The end is near Laura. I always feel that way the day or two before I go into labor. Not too much longer. {{{Hugs}}}

Stacey
#29 of 192 Old 12-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Ame

Laura,

Thank youf or taking the time to write exactly wha is on my mind. This is number 4 and I was due Tuesday....and at least once a week for the past month I have thought "this is it."

It won't be long mama - I promise (for both our sakes)
#30 of 192 Old 12-05-2004, 01:46 PM

NAKing

I'm sorry I've been keeping you waiting, Kate :LOL It's hard to toh, & I'm not very good at it.

I'm hoping to write up the b.story today or tomorrow, but, for now, it was exactly like I planned. Very gentle, quick & peaceful. Exactly what I wanted for my son. It was very "normal" & uneventful. When it was over, my hubby & I were both like, "that was it????"

I made a placenta smoothie, which I highly recommend, and my hormones have been very even. My bleeding also stopped at 5dpp, as opposed to 4-5w w/my older son.

I'm feeling fantastic, not euphoric, but just normal.

Laura & Ame and
Amy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page