UC support thread #13, January 05' - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 177 Old 01-26-2005, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mama2Lennon--you are such a strong womyn, truly inspirational :-) I wish you all the best with your upcoming birth!

I love conversations with this babe. Deciding on a name has been an interesting game with us and at one point I think she was really playng with me when she responded so forcefully to Hermione lol I think she was just ready for me to be done with the name game and when the time was right she would show me her name. We have it now but DH is still wanting to have a boys name. None feel right tho and I know its b/c this bug is not a boy!

Kate--Sounds like you are most definetly gearing p for your birth. I cant believe you are so so close!! Are ou in need of anything? Do you have any freezer meals prepared so you don't need to cook after the birth? How about a labor aid recipe to keep you hydrated during labor? i am getting all excited waitin for you to birth and read your story.

I think I am finally ready, aside from purchasing the babes new carseat I have everything and then some. I am at so much peace with being ready and knowing now how this babe will enter earthside. My vision stays strong with me and keeps me warm inside. i can't believe now that I ever even entertained the htought of having anyone here for the labor and delivery.
#152 of 177 Old 01-28-2005, 01:18 PM

Howdy everyone. Just thought I'd check in. I haven't been here in awhile it seems LOL

I'm 32 weeks now and whoa...
Everything had been going perfectly and then WHAM...this week,has been awful. My own heartrate is higher than usual (I suspect my normally perfect blood-pressure is not so perfect but haven't gotten to check it yet). I have a UTI. The heartburn has been ATROCIOUS and I can't sleep.

I'm miserable :

Oh...and I lost 3 pounds this week and my dh is absolutely flipping out.

I suspect I'll be hanging out here more frequently now.I think I'm going to need the moral support!
#153 of 177 Old 01-28-2005, 04:09 PM

:
#154 of 177 Old 01-28-2005, 07:08 PM

Rawshell~(((((hugs))))) Hang in there, momma. I wish I lived closer to give you some more moral support!
#155 of 177 Old 01-28-2005, 07:14 PM

Welcome back, Rebecca. I'm so sorry you're not doing well right now! I hope things start to turn around for you very soon.

M2L -- thinking of you and hoping you're holding your babe in your arms very soon. You and Stacey, both. Any news, Stacey?

I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and I don't feel ready. I keep thinking "not yet, not yet, not yet." Probably because I have a couple of projects I want completed (as if baby cares!). I do hope I start to calm down and feel more ready soon.
Jennie -- I've started gathering freezer meals and I'm thinking I'll use Recharge as my labor drink. Thanks so much for asking about me!! Hope you're doing well and are peaceful with your current plans.

SprinklePocket -- how are you doing??

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#156 of 177 Old 01-28-2005, 07:52 PM

Still no baby

Busy weekend coming up. Swim meet on Saturday and gymnastics meet on Sunday. Not sure wether I want the baby to come so I can just send dh or if I want him to wait. Hmmm. Dh has to go to Chicago on Tuesday morning and will return on Wednesday. Its for a job promotion interview so he'll go even if the baby is coming or newly here. I'm ok with that and think that maybe Tuesday night will be it. Tonight would probably not be the best since my youngest is turning 4 tomorrow. I think he'd like to have his own day. Still feeling lots of pressure though so who knows? Last night I attended a school board meeting and started having back contractions. I had my friend take me straight home instead of stopping to get something to eat. I just felt the need to be home which is very unusual for me. All these signs and still no baby.

Kate, yes we are due a day apart, mine is the 18th. 37 weeks today. Wow!

M2L, interesting what those women told you. My boys were born early, my dd on her due date.

Stacey
#157 of 177 Old 01-29-2005, 12:39 PM

M2L--that is so interesting. My boys were born on their duedates but my girl was 9 days postdates!
MJ & M2L hope your waiting game will end soon and you are holding your beautiful bundles earthside

Kate--Thats wonderful you are getting so prepared. I know how you feel with the geting projects done. I think I am finally relaxing and realizing if I get done then great, if i dont NO BIG DEAL! lol And I think the biggest change for that came when I decided I neded to have my UC. Now th eonly thing driving me buggy is my nesting bug :LOL Poor dh has to deal with me trying to decorate the entire house, I have gone mad I tell ya. I have NEVER been one to decorate but now its making me batty if I dont decorate.

I am almost 33 weeks now, it seems so strange to be so far along already, to be so close to the upcoming birth, knowing it could happen in as little as 4 weeks. But I am ready, I think
#158 of 177 Old 01-29-2005, 02:30 PM

My nesting bug is taking the form of cleaning...with comet and bleachy smelling chemicals. I just can't get enough of the smell of clean laundry etc. Dh comes home each night wondering what I'm going to clean next. Last night was the dishwasher
#159 of 177 Old 01-30-2005, 01:04 AM

you ought to try Method cleaners ~ a beautiful herbally smell, without evil bleachy chemicals. their Ylang ylang shower spray is the BEST.

it's so wonderful to see so many mamas still believing in their own birthing power.

btw ~ i'll try to get Lyssi's birth story up on klothos.net (i don't own klothos.com anymore!) sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone. i'll let everyone know when it's up again.
#160 of 177 Old 01-30-2005, 01:26 AM

i *heart* DSL.

check it out:

http://klothos.net/Birth.html

to... whoever is keeping track of these things... please update the link at the beginning of the thread.
#161 of 177 Old 01-30-2005, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klothos
i *heart* DSL.

check it out:

http://klothos.net/Birth.html

to... whoever is keeping track of these things... please update the link at the beginning of the thread.
How beautiful!! What a wonderful birth story
#162 of 177 Old 01-30-2005, 07:30 PM

Just thinking about early boys v. late girls... both my dd and my ds were born the day after their due date! And I was SO SURE my son would be born closer to the 38th week!

lizzie

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#163 of 177 Old 01-30-2005, 07:47 PM

wow, mamagaia, i'm around 32 weeks and have a uti too!! yea, it's a club!

dh just left town for a 2 week road trip this a.m. i think it will be nice for him to have that time alone with the open road to contemplate life and baby coming and such...though we, too, have projects that i reeeaally hope to have done by the birth. but like the pp said, whatever gets done, gets done. although i'll miss him and his sweetness and tom-foolery, i'm looking forward to the time alone. it's my last chance to hermit, or pretend to hermit, since i don't feel like i'm alone anymore! the babe has some pretty funny timing with her/his gymnastics.

kate, sounds like your system is gearing up, just a little stress to make sure everything gets in order. i'm sure it will settle back down real soon.

jenniebug, i guess you're a week ahead of me? i'll have to look at the 1st page and see who all is end of march. i didn't realize there were 3 of us, maybe there's more?

mama2lennon, how's the waiting going? do you feel like you have everything you need and in order?

oh, funny story (and sorry if it's tmi): i was laying in bed and without contracting any muscles like usually comes before a fart, a fart slipped out, and the baby jumped like she was startled. i was cracking up and saying 'sorry, baby' at the same time.

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
#164 of 177 Old 01-31-2005, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the laugh Sprinkle!

Klothos-added your story to the first page. Thank you for sharing. Such a beautiful birth. Love the pictures too!

Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#165 of 177 Old 01-31-2005, 06:26 PM

Hello everyone!!

Congrats to all the mammas who are now preg or had a baby since I left. !!Typing one handed at library right now... holding our baby GIRL yahoo! in the other. She was born at home after a 5-ish hour labor into daddy's hands. With a big splash! She's a caul baby The older boys adore her, even Liam, Donovan is especially helpful. She was our smallest we think at birth but she must be nearly 20 lbs by now and has all those cute rolls everywhere. She has a ton of dark hair, its even longer now. Nursing great.

Hmm what else....still with Dh, I think we are on the mend. I kicked BIL out ther other day., though he still has to get his crapola. My FIL passed away last Wednesday morning of liver failure. Dh and D and L are in NY now. I am feeling very sad about his death as we got along well. He did drive down and visit us in Oct, so he did get to see his new grandaughter before going forever.

Oh and we were reported to CPS before Christmas -eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!! It is closed now though, but man for a few days I was a wreck. Appearantly someone claimed dh hit K w/ the xmas tree. no...K knocks tree over, it broke, dh and i yell at the tree as it falls on us again and again. 4 days later we have new tree, and the next day we get the social worker visit.

well ok i hate to dump my whole life story on the UC thread LOL so back to your regularly scheduled thread. I am really doing well tho verrrrrrrrrrry busy!! I hit the ground running in the morning and don't stop till bedtime. I have been meaning to write snailmail to ppls, u know who you all are heehee i promise soon. and we ashould have a phone again in a few weeks. hope to see you all soon and really get to "talk". Evergreen tell everyone at ncmamas I said hello. Ok bb sleeping and K is antsy. Oh her name btw is Rhiannon Morgaine. And oh yeah, UC rocks!!! love to all!!

Jesse
#166 of 177 Old 01-31-2005, 07:00 PM

Good to hear from you, jessemomme. I was wondering what happened.
#167 of 177 Old 02-01-2005, 03:09 AM

Hi, my name is Jaime and i've been reading through all these posts for at least a couple of months now, i'm not much of a typer so i haven't added my voice yet but thought it was about time. You are all wonderful! i have read all of your amazing birth stories and am inspired. I have two beautiful children, Kale is 5 yrs old and Simone is 2, almost 3. I am about 34 weeks pregnant and although i'm itchy and huge, i'm looking forward to this birthing at home with just me and my man. Simone was born peacefully at home into her Daddy's waiting hands. It's so great that there is so much info regarding UC on the internet (especially through threads like this one) You are all such great support to one another (and to me) My friends have accepted this of me but we still don't talk about it much, even though they are all pretty open minded. it's nice to check in here and know that my choices are good ones and that i am normal. Good wishes to you all in your pregnancies and birthing and i am looking forward to being more of an active participent in these threads. i've noticed many other mamas expecting around the same time as me (around middle of march) it's good to have kindred spirits to encourage each other. Anyways, so much for a quick hello!
Much love.....jaime
#168 of 177 Old 02-01-2005, 02:50 PM

welcome out of lurkdome jaime! i'm "due" at the end of march, but have been feeling like birth may come a bit early. we'll see. i think the full moon is march 23rd.

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
#169 of 177 Old 02-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Hi all! Still no baby But the signs increase everyday. I'm very impatient and bored with the whole thing. Dh is out of town tonight so maybe with my luck tonight will be it.

Stacey
#170 of 177 Old 02-01-2005, 05:04 PM

Stacey I'm sending you positive labor vibes!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#171 of 177 Old 02-01-2005, 08:31 PM

Sprinkle--Im due 3/23 but expecting an April babe since each of my babes have gestated just a bjit longer than the previous (and also gotten smaller in the process lol)
Full moon for Feb is the 23 and for March its the 25
#172 of 177 Old 02-01-2005, 11:20 PM

Hi everybody! My baby came today. Despite my being so sure it was a boy, she's a girl! Everything was perfect. UC is amazing. I'm sorry I don't post much. Thank you so much everyone for posting in this forum and keeping this thread going. I'm so grateful for it.

Her name is Irina Zoey. She's beautiful. I'll write and link to a birth story sometime very soon.

#173 of 177 Old 02-01-2005, 11:41 PM

Dandelion~ Congrats!!! Welcome little Irina!
#174 of 177 Old 02-02-2005, 01:58 AM

Congrats Dandylion! Beautiful name, can't wait to read your story!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#175 of 177 Old 02-02-2005, 11:09 AM

Congrats!! Beautiful name

It's so funny how I have NO feeling either way whether this baby is a boy or a girl.I've always been wrong in the past .anyway,so I guess it doesn't matter much

I just realized my "due date" is on Easter. I just didn't connect that March 27 was Easter I guess but I have a feeling ,s/he will come sooner.I'd love a Spring Equinox baby on the 20th but the Full Moon would be nice too! I guess we'll see what S/he has in mind
#176 of 177 Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 PM

Congrats Stephanie! I love the name you chose. and I can't wait to hear your birth story enjoy your little one and happy babymoon!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#177 of 177 Old 02-02-2005, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Here is the new uc thread for February

Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page