Preparing for a UC - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-08-2005, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to know if anyone has any good sites or books that I can share with family and friends. We want to let them know that the uc we are planning is not so bad after all.
#2 of 7 Old 01-09-2005, 04:41 PM

I have a few things on my website (link below) that might be of use to you. I really need to work on putting something like this together, sort of an information and resources packet. I'll be interested to see if anybody has any ideas (you might want to post this on the UC support thread too.)
#3 of 7 Old 01-09-2005, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for the info and the advice. I'm going to go to your site now!
#4 of 7 Old 01-09-2005, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Blueviolet

Your website is great! Hopefully sending people the link to it will help them understand why I am choosing uc this time around.

Thanks

Vicki
#5 of 7 Old 01-10-2005, 02:00 AM

I think that you can't necessarily convince people that UC is a good idea. Most people just can't get past their ideas about childbirth as a dangerous "emergency waiting to happen" event. I would suggest feeling 100% confident in your decision and not debating it with others.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#6 of 7 Old 01-10-2005, 03:36 PM

hey blueviolet, thanks for putting that site together. I have another site to add to my pregnancy favorites
poolplayer, I think you might want to share some of the same sites and books that made YOU decide on your uc. Maybe that will help them see where you are coming from? I haven't had to deal with this yet so that might be way out in left field...
firecat

Cheryl, proud mama to Jackson... and a baby on the way!
#7 of 7 Old 01-10-2005, 05:29 PM

"I think that you can't necessarily convince people that UC is a good idea. Most people just can't get past their ideas about childbirth as a dangerous "emergency waiting to happen" event. I would suggest feeling 100% confident in your decision and not debating it with others."

I agree. But for those open to considering that maybe just maybe I wasn't a total lunatic I was happy to talk and share resouirces with them. I'd rather be understood than not, even it they still ended up not agreeing with me. FWIW, none of my family was interested in educating themselves about it, but just the fact that I was confident enough about it to offer information, I think made them feel that I was approaching it in a thoughtful, responsible way and that was enough for them not to feel like they had to become involved and save me from myself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page