#1 of 3 Old 01-25-2005, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 3 Old 01-25-2005, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
well it's too bad blueviolet's computer is on the fritz b/c i know she'd have some great succinct info for you. let's see what i can come up with.

laura shanley's book is a good one. but lynn greismer's has husband's birth stories which i think are nice for dh's. it sounds like alot of partners get solice from reading through the book "emergency childbirth". also knowing that he's not expected to be a substitute mw, that you're comfortable in your ability to birth your child has helped some partners.

one thing that is emphasized about uc is that the mom has the wisdom to take on the positions needed to safely birth her baby. she is able to follow her intuition and i've read a number of women who say that they had shoulder dystocia, but instinctively got on their hands and knees which freed the baby. it sounds like if a woman chooses to have a uc, is not interfered with and stimulated intellectually (talked to alot or at all, directed in what to do) and is trusting enough of the process to not let her fears interfere with it, she has a better chance of an easier, shorter birth than with professional attendents.

why do you want to choose uc, rather than just up (unassisted pregnancy) since it sounds likte the mw's would still be able to attend your birth?

well, that's all i have right now. hopefully others will chime in and give more input. good luck with whatever decision you find!

edited to add: just thought of something else...pamamidwife said a while back in a post that oxygen may not be more beneficial than just an airbag. you could pm her to ask about that...i haven't seen her posting around the uc thread lately. sometimes oxygen is given on a just in case basis. did your mw think your baby actually needed it?

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
#3 of 3 Old 01-25-2005, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page