need some help with yeaty beasties!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all......i have yet to introduce myself, i am just a lurker (thanks to all the wise womyn here, i have learned much!) But i need help!!!! i am about 34 weeks along, and have been battling a persistant yeast infection for about 2 months!! i have tried all i can think of, grapefruitseed extract, yogurt, acidopholous, garlic..... the thing is it's traveled into my nipples, making them so itchy i'm ready to rip them off! they get little open wounds all over them. I have battled thrush before with both my babies (about 6 months of serious suffering with both of them) and really only food cleanses helped, very strict diets!! I don't eat any sugar, wheat or yeast but how can i cut out cheese??!! it's a major protien source for me! i don't know what to do! This may be unrealated or just die off from toxins but i'm also deleloping an itchy rash on my huge belly. Needless to say i am miserable! Any info or yeasty stories would help i'm sure, thanks in advance, sorry my first ever post is a not so great topic...i'm just too itchy right now!
peace to all of you....jaime
#2 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 12:28 AM

Have you tried inserting a peeled garlic clove into your vagina overnight? It will make you smell and taste garlic for a few days but it can really help. Also, high doses of Vit C help keep the yeast at bay. And don't forget to use vinegar in your rinse when you do laundry to make sure you get it out of your clothes.
#3 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. Vinegar in my wash, that is one thing i did not think of but makes a lot of sense. i was thinking that my clothes were keeping the yeast from completly going away. I have done the garlic thing and it hasn't really worked but i know the key to candida treatment is persistance so i will try again and do it for a few nights. I really NEED to get rid of this before babe arrives, thrush is a nasty thing to deal with when breastfeeding. Thanks again for the tip.
jaime
#4 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 02:57 AM

My naturopath told me that yeast forms when there is too many heavy metals in the body. It might not be a good idea to do any cleansing while pregnant, but maybe you could try alfalfa powder, as it's pretty mild, but works. When my NP told me about the heavymetal/yeast connection, I used chlorella, but man, that stuff is expensive, and I wouldn't recommend it while you are pregnant.

And don't just try acidophilous for two days, and figure it doesn't work, use MEGA doses, and don't take any GSE while doing that, cause it kills off the good bacteria too.

HTH good luck with your baby!
#5 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 02:59 AM

Have you tried boric acid? It's cheap too. Just make it into capsules (size 00, I think) and use as suppositories. Just make sure you do at night, and wear a pad. Do this for 7 days. Also, you should abstain during treatment, as semen is alkaline.

HTH
#6 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for that Mamajaza- actually i'm a glassblower and although i've been avoiding using gold and silver, all of the colours i use contain some metals. i have good ventilation(i hope) but it may be contributing, and that's no good for the babe. hhmmmm i don't know what to do now.
Liawbh- i've never heard of boric acid. i'm sure i can find it at the local co-op. It's okay for use in pregnancy? i don't have much to worry about as far as abstinance, it's just about the last thing on my mind!
thanks again ladies!
#7 of 7 Old 02-01-2005, 03:30 AM

You can actually get it at the drug store too. It's only $3 or $4 for a big bottle. Just make sure not to eat it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page