UC support #14, February 05 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 164 Old 02-13-2005, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mamagaia--I keep wondering how i conceived when I did, its a funny story actually. The previous month dh and i were frisky, A LOT even around and during the O time. But then the next month when I actually conceived we only dtd once, he pulled out and i was still a few days away from O 9which yes I know sperm can live a few days in there) So i have always had this wonder in the back of my mind if i conceived sooner. But i usually know I am pg very soon after implantation and i didnt feel it until after right before my cycle was due that didnt show. Bah who knows!!

I think in my heart I know everything will be ok, but in my head Id really like to at least make it to 37 weeks. This could just be the start of my normal prodromal labor pattern. I tend to get it 2-3 weeks before delivery, its just never started this early before. With #2 it started at 37 weeks and #3 38 weeks. I have felt form the beginning this baby would be "late" but oy i dont think i can deal with 5-7 weeks of prodromal labor, not with a house to run and kids to chase lol

I am still feeling dehydrated, i ve had lamost a gallon of water, a huge bottle of gatorade, juice, sprite (I was desperate for anything not water!) and I still have that i need to drink I am so thirsty feeling. My ctrx lasted about 8 hours yesterday but have been sporadic today. i am not concerned just unnerved and needing to get re-hydrated. i hate to think about going to the hospital for a bag of IV fluids but if I am not feeling better tommorow i may consider it.

What else can i do to get myself hydrated? I am so sick of water right now but still chugging it down. gatorade is way too sweet, it was hard to drink that. I am going to make my laborade drink and see if that helps but its mostly juice too and the htought of something sweet right now is not appealing. *wugh* Off to go meditate and chat with this baby lol
#62 of 164 Old 02-13-2005, 08:54 PM

Jennie - what flavor of Gatorade are you drinking? I'm wondering b/c you say it's too sweet.... Yesterday and today I've been drinking the lemon-lime flavor, and I don't find it to be very sweet, but I know other flavors I've found to be sweet.

I know that "sick of water" feeling, which is why I'm drinking Gatorade also. Just wanted to suggest that it may be worth trying a different flavor.

Gotta go - I'm supposed to be working on cleaning the office out, but wanted to hop in here reallly quicky and say hi to everyone!

Kinsey
#63 of 164 Old 02-13-2005, 10:51 PM

Jennie -- I'm so sorry you're going through this! I do hope everything is okay. Let us know any messages you receive from your babe. Also, I drink gatorade every now and then and find that diluting with water helps a lot with the sweetness. More I want to respond to, but I gotta go for now. Thinking of you and I'll check in again tomorrow.

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#64 of 164 Old 02-14-2005, 09:50 AM

Jennie,
LOL! Me Too! I have NO CLUE when I conceived. I know my cycle very well and don't have a clue when I could have conceived,either. The only time there was the definite chance was the day after the last day of my period. Nothing about the conception makes a whole lot of sense to me LOL. Not to mention, we had JUST had a discussion the week before that we decided we were not having any more children.I guess someone was listening

Maybe there was some planetary shift in June that messed both of us up hehe

I hope you feel better soon Hang in there. *big hugs*
#65 of 164 Old 02-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Lemon-Lime is the only flavor I drink :LOL Just sensitive to anything slightly sweet. I cant even add honey or sugar to my RRL tea.

I am drinking watered down white grape juice now. I am finally feeling re-hydrated and peeing clear. But still contracting. Blah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey43
Jennie - what flavor of Gatorade are you drinking? I'm wondering b/c you say it's too sweet.... Yesterday and today I've been drinking the lemon-lime flavor, and I don't find it to be very sweet, but I know other flavors I've found to be sweet.
Kinsey
#66 of 164 Old 02-14-2005, 03:46 PM

Kate--yuck I cant drink it watered down, much as I try. baby says I have nothing to worry about, all of my instincts scream everything is FINE and not to worry. But there is that naggy lil voice in my head that says its just way too soon for this. And then I am reminded of my dream where she is born at 36 weeks, healthy and nearly 9lbs. But egads thats only a week away!!
Part of me says to call the mw's and then the othe rpart of me is asking myself why I am not trusting myself and my instincts on this. I guess b/c I have never had early prodromal labor, I have never had a babe before 40 weeks so yeah I am a bit unnerved by it all.

MG--My cycles are pretty normal 28-30 days and using FAM I was pretty aware of all my bodily changes so while I go geez we only dtd ONCE the month we conceived and I know it does only take one time, it just seems odd the conception wasn;t the previous month when we dtd nearly everyday LOL
#67 of 164 Old 02-14-2005, 05:56 PM

jenniebug,
My fav pregnancy drink was cold pregnancy tea (RRL, spearmint, nettles, rosehips, and a few other herbs) from Aviva Jill Romm's "Natural Pregnancy". I used to make big jugs of it in a sun tea jar and put it in my fridge. In the summer months I would drink cold glasses of it all day with no sweetener. I loved it. The mint is so refreshing. Another favorite was chammomile, lavender tea, very calming.

Regarding your prodomal labor. My babies were born about 39 and 38 weeks respectively. With both of them I had very light (several contractions a day) prodomal labor for 2-3 weeks before hand. So I don't think this is unusual.

That said, I really wonder whether you aren't farther along. Was there anything even slightly unusual about your last period? With my last baby, I had spotting for about a week right around the time my period would have come (it was lighter than usual). I already had nausea and had taken a pregnancy test, so I knew I was pregnant, but I easily could have mistaken it. Peace to you,
#68 of 164 Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 PM

lizzie~i'm sure by care provider they want letters after the name. those kind of people put stock in that. but thanks for the positive support!

mamagaia~i definitely have no 1st hand experience, but i thought i'd read that the baby could start dropping around 36 weeks and that the *drop* happens about 2 weeks before birth in general. i'm *due* the day after you and have been feeling like she'll come early, though i don't have a distinct feeling on how early.

jenniebug~i too have been having small bouts of contractions... every few days for me. but sometimes it's in my sleep and i don't wake up enough to really know what's going on. i just tell myself it's my body's wisdom helping tone the uterus and readjust the babe. i too have some days where i have to struggle to drink enough if i'm on the go, but i'm doing better. i know what you mean about wanting to make it to a certain week before birthing. i had a dream the other night that i birthed at "35 1/2" weeks. since the earliest i've heard mw's will birth at home is 36 weeks i kind of figure that either the babe wants to come really early, or i'm just challenging myself to see how much i *really* trust the process to happen when/how it should. i'm figuring i don't know jack compared to the wisdom of my body and my babe's body and am just going with it. besides the discomfort, i kind of like the preview since i haven't birthed before. it's like a little warm-up for me, i guess.

for the dehydrated feeling, are you getting enough minerals? that seems to help me, or the homeopathic cell salt combo that hyland's makes called 'bioplasma'. good fresh veggies/fruits, too. herb teas have good minerals if you have some around...rrl, nettles, alfalfa, oatstraw, red clover...

just got to the post that you're feeling more hydrated. yea!

harmonymama~i've loved the info in aviva's book. it's helped me many times to have as a resource.

i wonder if we're going to have a slew of *early* births?

Waldorf homeschooling homesteading homebirthing mama to my 2 boys '05 & '10 joy.gif & most amazing wife to my most amazing dh
#69 of 164 Old 02-14-2005, 07:43 PM

harmonymana--I tried to drink a pregnancy tea by Yogi teas but I couldnt stand the mint taste. I do love cold RRL tea, think Ill brew pitcher of it tonite.

My babes have been born at 40wks, 40wks 1 day, and 41 wks 2days so you can see by my pattern that an early babe would just be weird. My prodromal labor typicaly starts around 37-38 weeks..

I just got done talking with my DH about my last cycle and he says as far as he remembers nothing wa sout of the ordinary. Unfortunately I deleted my ovusoft program so I cant go back and look, but iirc it was a normal cycle and I did have O cm around cd 13 or 14, which would make my dates correct.

So anyways back to my talk with DH, he seems completly unphased that we could deliver early. He did say "guess that means no fun tonight" LOL He also asked if we had everything and I told him the only thing we don't have is the carseat and I was planning to go buy that tommorow along with the changing table pad. M birthpool isn't here and neither is my belly cast kit. Now I am anxious to get them ordered and here this week just in case i do deliver at 36 weeks.

Now watch all this go on and I dont actually go into labor until 42 weeks :LOL
#70 of 164 Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM

SP--When is your "duedate"? isnt that odd we both had dreams of early babes? I have had dreams before of delivering and the egnder but never a timeframe of when I would deliver.

You could be on to something with these babes maybe wanting to come "early" because they want their UC. I know my babe has shown me that is what she wants. I trust she is fine and that she and my body know what they are doing. I am not scared of the prospect of an early delivery. She has told me she is ok. Its that dadgum medical stigma on everything that keeps creeping into my head and naging at me.

But you know what, like I said I trust the process and I trust my instincts. DH seems to be very trusting of this as well. He asked if we had the plastic sheet to cover the bed so look slike I am going to go double make the bed tonight or tommorow in preperation

geez this is so ironic of another thread on the march dd boards I was just in. It had to do with the mainstream board mamas all having pregnancy issues and many delivering early. And now look at me sitting here having gone thru a period of dehydration and now most definetly experiencing prodromal labor 3 weeks earlier than I ever have before. darn these kids
#71 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 12:48 AM

tonight he told me I better make sure to go get the proof of pg paper from PP soon for the bc...(this is after months of us argueing back and forth about UP and seeing a mw or OB)

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#72 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 04:53 PM

I haven't had a chance to read any posts ....
Baby Faenin Lavender came at 42 weeks, February 8th 12:02 am, 9 lbs, an unfortunate hospital birth ...
will post more later!
#73 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 05:35 PM

Welcome baby Faenin!! Congratulations, Mama2Lennon. Hope your recovery is going well.

I think I'm "done", lol. Physically I'm still feeling "okay", like I could continue for several more weeks (if I have to, I don't really WANT to), but mentally I'm just DONE. I don't remember feeling like this with DS, but I probably did. I'm crying about everything - I feel like a two-year-old, lol. I cried myself to sleep last night b/c DH wouldn't rub my feet and legs (in my defense, he promised to do this SATURDAY, and has kept putting it off and putting it off. Meanwhile, I can see the bands where my socks are cutting into my legs b/c they're so swollen!). We've been doing some cleaning in preparation for my mom's arrival tomorrow and I just canNOT make decisions - I just can't do it!

Do we have everything ready for the birth? I don't know - making that call would require more mental coordination than I have right now, lol. I think we're pretty ready, though. I'm glad I got most of the stuff before this fog set in.....

My mom gets here tomorrow night, so anytime after that this baby can come - and I am READY.

I've been having more (and stronger) BH, so maybe my body's gearing up, although I'm afraid to think that.... I don't want to get my hopes up and then wait around for weeks - I know things will happen when they need to, and I don't want to start getting impatient. I'd rather just pretend nothing's happening until it's too obvious to deny, yk?

Anyway, I'm just glad February's half-way over. I'm pretty sure I'll be having this baby during the month of February, so I can feel good about the days being numbered, lol.

Ooops, DS is waking up - I'll try to stop back by later when I have a bit more time.

Kinsey
#74 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 07:27 PM

Oh, I'm sorry that you didn't get your UC, mama2lennon, but at least you have a beautiful baby in your arms now! Glad to hear that you two are all right.
#75 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 07:28 PM

Welcome Baby Faenin Lavender!! Mama2Lennon -- Hope you're recovering well and enjoying your baby moon.

Jenniebug -- how are doing today? I hope your contrax have subsided a bit. Definitely trust your instincts on this -- especially if your babe has given you a hint that she'll come early. I'm sure all will be all as it should. I do know that Saras is going to India tomorrow to visit her daughter, so hopefully you won't need her. Thinking of you...

Sprinkle -- Hope you and dh had a nice reunion. I do have a website with belly pics that needs to be updated. Once it's updated, I'm promise I'll share! About the homebirth bc packet -- no I definitely DID NOT tell them I was not having any attendants. Thought for sure that might stir up some trouble. The packet is certainly set up for "attendants" to fill out some info and that'll be interesting to work around.

Rainbowmoon -- Yay on your dh's last "suggsestion"! It sounds like he certainly will come around eventually. And luckily, you still have plenty of time.

Kinsey -- I hear you on your last post! I feel like I'm bawling my eyes out every day -- once in awhile for good reasons, but mostly for no reason at all. I feel like you do, that this baby will be born in February...so just 2 more weeks at the most for us, right?

Unfortunately, I'm so caught up in work stress that I'm not able to be as focued on my baby or our birthing experience. I've had a wonderful pregnancy up until now and now at the pivotal point, I feel like I'm being buried under stress (my dh and I have a home-based business that requires constant attention, so there's no getting away from it). I hate feeling this stressed, and thinking I'm causing my baby stress. SIGH...I need to breathe...
I don't want the last few days of my pregnancy to be like this!! Thanks for letting me vent...

#76 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 07:45 PM

Congrats mama2lennon on a beautiful baby! I love the name

Rainbowmoon--wooohoo victory for mama!

Kate-I have only had 2 ctrx today but my back and pelvis hurt so bad I can barely walk. Figures if its not one thing its another right? lol I did go get the carseat today, the birthtub & kit and bellycast kit are on their way too me (man that company ships fast!!) so I have everything I need *almost* in my hands. And if those items don't arrive in time, so be it, it wasn't meant to be.

I hope you get some time to relax and destress Kate! Perhaps a day away just pampering yourself will help. I know its hard to put down business stuff but for you rmental well being you need to be able to step away sometimes. If I have to drive down there and take you out myself I will!! (not that I know where you live :LOL)

Speaking of DH's making comments on getting stuff for the BC mine askd me last night what all we needed to have to get one for this babe. I told him the midwives would handle all that but I think he assumed we would have to do it ourselves since they may not be here. Makes me believe he has finally figured out I plan to UC and not call the mw's until the very end of labor.
#77 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 08:36 PM

Hello Ladies~

Welcome Faenin Lavendar! Can't wait for the whole story! Congratulations, Momma2Lennon!

Sprinkle~ So, if they want letters after your name, about Sprinkle Pocket, UCINGMAMA... Where's their sense of adventure, anyway?

Rainbowmoon~ Woohoo! How happy for all of you!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. OT, but I'm still living vicariously, ... I'll find out how we did this past month this weekend. I was laughing reading your posts, Jenniebug, because if I am actually pg, it'll be somewhere between hallalujah and how the he!!, cause our past month was the same way you described when you conceived! Gives me hope though!

lizzie

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#78 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 09:14 PM

Hi all!

Well Peyton finally arrived this morning I had quit reading the board cause I was just too anxious so I now I need to go back and catch up. Anyway, we are both doing great!

Quick birth story. After several weeks of on again off again painfree and occasionally slightly uncomfortable ctx, I finally had a real one at 4am. Although I had planned on going it completely alone I felt the need for dh so I called for him. Three ctx later and Peyton was born into daddy's hands at 420am and in the caul. The placenta came out right after him, like literally 2 seconds later. That was weird. Anyway, that's pretty much the story in a nut shell We are doing great. The kids adore him. He nursed all morning and has now slept all afternoon. I guess I'll be up tonight I feel way better than I have in weeks, just slightly sore and the after ctx are strong.

Alexander Peyton, born at 420am, 7lbs 11ozs, 21inches.

Jenniebug, my cycle was off when I got pg this time too. Otherwise Peyton would not be here. He was on time for adjusted dates.

Stacey
#79 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 09:39 PM

Congratulations, Stacey! Welcome to the world, Baby Peyton! Happy Babymoon!

It's my dream to have my next one "in the caul"...

lizzie

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#80 of 164 Old 02-15-2005, 10:04 PM

awwww congrats!
#81 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 10:08 AM

Congrats, Mama2Lennon and Hayliesmom!!!
:
#82 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 11:41 AM

I am amzingly fertile lol If this one did conceive that month it will be my 3rd conceived on a one time deal. My first and third were both one timers

Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie
Hello Ladies~
I was laughing reading your posts, Jenniebug, because if I am actually pg, it'll be somewhere between hallalujah and how the he!!, cause our past month was the same way you described when you conceived! Gives me hope though!

lizzie
#83 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Congratulations, Stacey! I'd been thinking about you! And welcome to the world little Payton. Wow -- 4 contrax and 20 min later he's here! Guess all those early contrax were really doing their job -- what an amazing story!
I've also heard that babies were are born in the caul are "intuitively gifted"...how very special. Enjoy your baby moon!

Jennie -- thanks for threatening to drive down and pamper me. I'm feeling much better today. I'm glad you got all your baby-stuff ordered -- and I do hope the pain in your back and pelvis lightens up! Perhaps you will have your babe before I do. I'll be 40 weeks on Saturday and really haven't had an inkling of any labor signs -- not one little hint. I'm wondering if I'll be one of those women who are just all of sudden in the midst of it. It'll be interesting to find out!

Lizzie -- I'll be crossing my fingers for you this weekend! Please keep us posted!

#84 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinahYeteirah
Congrats, Mama2Lennon and Hayliesmom!!!
:
I second that! Hope you're both relaxing and recovering and enjoying your new blessings

Jenniebug -
I have that Fertile Myrtle thing going on too LOL Actually, 3 out of 4 of my previous kids were conceived using birth control (including the twins). And it was used correctly,i might add :P

It's so funny how everyone who is due around the same time as me has that "It's coming early feeling". Maybe all these babies are just trying to make absolutely sure they fall under the sign of Pisces

After having one day of nothing but worry about pre-term labor,I've decided to knock it off and just let what will be,be. Really, what else is there ot do,ya know? (It still would be preferable to wait at least 2 more week *crosses fingers*)

Watch...all of us who feel like we'll be early will be late! HAHA! Maybe they'll be April Fools day babies LOL
#85 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 12:18 PM

Wowwza MG! I worry about that with bc too. I can't take the hormonal stuff so I have been looking into an IUD and still following FAM at the same time. DH was going to get snipped but I think he changed his mind since he seemed really upset that I deleted my ovusoft software to track my cycles lol

Yanno I had thought too, gee what if this baby is just messing with me and now watch me go to 42 weeks or something. But I have had a few more ctrx today and this definetly feels like my usualy pre-labor fun. I just want to get to March 2, thats my goal. Baby can do whatever she wants after then. If she wants to add to the daddy and his 1st son trend she could come on March 11. Dh is Jan 9, dss is Feb 10...so March 11 would just go so weel with them
#86 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 12:52 PM

Congrats mamas and welcome little ones!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#87 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 01:19 PM

I'm new here as well, mostly lurking, but I've posted a couple of times. After seeing Sunflower's post, I thought I should introduce myself too. I'm not pregnant right now. My youngest is 7 months, but I love birth and I'm hoping to UC next time. I had a beautiful homebirth with my youngest, but when the midwife arrived 5 minutes before he was born, she felt more like an interruption than a welcome presence. Even my relief that we had help, in hindsight, just feels disempowering. And lots of little things. She asked me three times to cut the cord, rather than respecting my wishes to leave it alone. I'm really clear about wanting a UC next time around, to totally listen to my own knowing. You mamas have been so inspiring. I live in El Paso, but am planning to move to 30 acres in SE Arizona this year. I have two boys: David 3 1/2 and Eli 7 months. David was breech and born vaginally. Eli was a quick, intense, beautiful homebirth.

Sunflowermama- Welcome, congratulations on your 6th baby. I know this is the UC forum, but tell me about living on 40 acres and building your house (similar to what we are planning). perhaps we can move that discussion over to the Mindful Home Management, Country Living/Off the Grid forum. Blessings.
#88 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, so many babies joining us!!! Congrats mamas and welcome babies! Our waiting for baby to arrive list is getting smaller and smaller!
I have been trying to keep up on the first page, if I have missed anyone, I am sorry! Just let me know if I need to add or change anything.

I am now over 12 weeks and feeling better, except now I have a lovely cold. Ugh! I am still really tired, but the nausea has subsided.
Take care all, back to lurking while I get back to being healthy again
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#89 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 04:40 PM

welcome new babies! :

happy babymoon to the mamas!

#90 of 164 Old 02-16-2005, 04:42 PM

I hear you Brandi about being sick my morning sickness has seemd to have found me during my 2nd trimester (I felt great until about 12 weeks) and I feel sooo crappy now. I haven't even been able to hardly do a thing the last few days

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page