leaking/gushing waters - tell me not to worry! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 02-14-2005, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a beautiful story! Congratulations to you all, but especially you mama! I love to start my day with some inspiration.

Love,
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 04-08-2006, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehndi mama
My water broke this morning (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!), but the baby keeps moving and letting fluid gush. I normally don't go into active labor for a good 24-36 hours after a spontaneous rupture (I've had this happen twice before), so I know this little one needs to stay safe & healthy in there for a while longer.
Tell me it's okay for my fluids to gush periodically! It usually happens when I stand up, lay on my side, or use the toilet. The fluid is a nice clear color, lots of milky vernix coming out, and the baby is still quite active, especially when I ask hir to move, so I know the baby is just fine.
Should I be doing anything other than go about my day, making sure I drink plenty of water to keep the fluids replenished? Any other things I might be on the lookout for?
hello im 36 weeks pregnant my waters broke at 3 30 and i never had abit of pain i contacted midwife at hospital she said that it was my hind waters ive never heard of it ive had two children already ive recencty read about water breaking and that it can be dangerous of infection it been 17 hours so far but im really worried still no pains do you think this is normal it wasnt constantly coming away from me it was a big gush.
#33 of 34 Old 04-08-2006, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Vikkie - go back to the first page of posts, then look down a few posts and find the list of Pam's protocol for ruptured membranes. It explains the Hind Leak there. Good luck!
#34 of 34 Old 04-13-2006, 02:17 AM

Vikkie

I went for 8 days after my water had broken before birthing my baby. The water sometimes gushed, usually trickled, and occasionally nothing. It seemed to depend on my position, and if the baby moved inside. She tended to stay very low in my pelvis and that was like a cork.

PROM is a bigger deal to everyone other than the mom-to-be, it seems. You are still pregnant like you were last week only having to wear maxi pads, too!

It was not an UC, I had full midwifery support and that was very helpful for my LONG week. But in the end, I learned that birth is, of course, NATURAL!

Best wishes to you.

And congratulations Stell. He's super cute!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page