Need resource for good info on UC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2005, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, DH and I are now planning on TTC number 3 and it's a little unsettling for me as I've had 2 CS and DO NOT, under any circumstances, want another!!

Anyway, we're having a bit of a problem finding a midwife who will touch me! I'm not completely against UC, but I'll have to admit, I'm COMPLETELY ignorant :
I need info on things such as what do you do about the placenta/cord (how do you tie it off?, What about tears, how do you know how much is too much blood?

Do a lot of UCers have a midwife to call after the baby is born? Or a doula to be there if you need anything? I guess this is so dificult for me because I haven't birthed a babu before at ALL, let alone unassited, so I need to educate myself thoroughly before the big event!!

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2005, 08:22 PM

At the top of this forum is a sticky thread called "Unassisted birth resources" that would be a good place to start!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:29 PM

Well, you're at the first resource I would suggest. Just scan through the threads in this forum and the other birth forums, a lot of your questions have probably already been answered in detail. You can also do a search for certain terms, the "Search" feature is in the menu at the top of the page.

User Tag List