Mothering Forum banner

Time or not?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  amethystrse 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have been gong out of my mind lately with prodromal labor. For the past few weeks I've been joking that I won't know that I'm really in labor until the baby starts to crown. lol

It all started 3 weeks ago when I did go into labor. It lasted 4 days. On the 4th day I went into transition and after about half an hour or so of that everything came to a halt. I've been having gentle contractions ever since.

The baby is fine, I can tell by her movements. They've changed recently and instead of moving all over the place she just stretches now. She'll ocassionally do more, but mostly it's just stretching and kicking a little but she's staying in one spot. We had come to the conclusion that the reason everything stopped before was because she was crooked (can't remember the term for that) and now she may be in a better position.

Anyways, since Friday I've been having some very strong contractions. On Friday they were so strong I thought I was going to go into transition but they went back to being gentler (but not as gentle as they had been for the past 3 weeks). Same with yesterday. And now today, it's 6 am and I was woken up by them.

There are several differences between these and the ones that I had.

1. The ones I had 3 weeks ago were very pleasurable. I had orgasms throught transition. This time they're just a lot of pressure.

2. My entire belly is rock solid when I get them now. Before, my belly was hard but I don't remember if it was this hard. Though, I'm not sure

3. These contractions sometimes make me dizzy. Well, not really dizzy...but I do get an odd sensation in my head. This didn't happen last time but did happen when I was in labor with my son 4 years ago.

4. These contractions are effecting the ligaments in my groin. It's as if the ligaments are contracting as well. It's not painful but I have almost fallen numerous times. It only happens when I'm standing. This is totally new to me.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I don't want to be sitting here, thinking I'll be holding my baby soon, and go through another 2 weeks of prodromal labor. My due date, btw, was yesterday. As much as I don't want to get my hopes up, I also don't want to dismiss it either. I haven't checked myself for dilation (I did 3 weeks ago and I had dilated to 7 cm and then after everything slowed down I was down to 2 cm...though I wasn't checking all the time so for all I know I could've dilated fully). And I haven't been timing them though I suspect they're about 5-7 min apart just by how many I'm feeling as I write this.

I haven't had a bloody show, either now or 3 weeks ago. But, with how gentle everything has been I'm not surprised. Also, I had prodromal labor since my 32nd week. But, it wasn't constant until my 37th week.

It's kind of like a really big tease. My son was a c/s so I never was allowed to reach this point before.

I don't know if this is it or not. I'm trying to just stay relaxed and I'm attempting to adopt the attitude of just letting things happen without thinking too much on them. "Just go with the flow" lol

*hugs to all* Thanks for letting me vent a little.

See less See more
#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amethystrse
Hello everyone!

I have been gong out of my mind lately with prodromal labor. For the past few weeks I've been joking that I won't know that I'm really in labor until the baby starts to crown. lol

It all started 3 weeks ago when I did go into labor. It lasted 4 days. On the 4th day I went into transition and after about half an hour or so of that everything came to a halt. I've been having gentle contractions ever since.

4. These contractions are effecting the ligaments in my groin. It's as if the ligaments are contracting as well. It's not painful but I have almost fallen numerous times. It only happens when I'm standing. This is totally new to me.

I haven't had a bloody show, either now or 3 weeks ago. But, with how gentle everything has been I'm not surprised. Also, I had prodromal labor since my 32nd week. But, it wasn't constant until my 37th week.

It's kind of like a really big tease. My son was a c/s so I never was allowed to reach this point before.

*hugs to all* Thanks for letting me vent a little.

WOW! That's so exciting, and yet frustrating. I am another woman who has prodromal labour. Fun, isn't it? I had 2 weeks solid of just the labour you are describing. Then my water broke and he was born the next day (pushed for 5-8 hours as well. ) I bet it feels great to get to this point.

I hope you are staying as well rested and fed as you can. I know that really helps. Maybe do something to take your mind off of everything for a bit like a magical story or movie.

I have a feeling the ligament pain is your baby's head hitting something during the contractions. I seem to recall something similar, once I hit contractions after waterbreaking, those went away.

PM me if you wanna chat!

#3 ·
thanks hon. I'm still going through the prodromal labor. Though the contractions have changed. They're more intense and I can feel all this pressure on my pelvic floor. Just another sign that it's almost time.

It is exciting. I'm actually feeling very upbeat about it. Though, it's also a little frustrating. Kind of like the contractions are one big tease. ROFL But, each one is preparing me even more for her birth. I just can't wait! It's been over a month of prodromal now. So, I'm more than ready. lol

#5 ·
You may want to try spending time on hands and knees and then putting your head on the floor/pillow. This can give the baby a little extra space to find a better position. ALso, hands and knees in the tub can really help relax all those tense muscles. You may even want a glass of wine first, to really relax (since you have been doing this so long, you may need a break).

I also had prodromal labor for a month with my son.

I am cheering you on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 ·
You guys are great!

I did see a chiropractor. Actually, he came to my house and saw me (he's married to a friend of mine). Oh boy did it feel good! Though, I suspect that I need another adjustment. Mostly because the pains and aches that went away after he came have snuck their way back. lol

I think I found my inner peace. That point where everything just feels so right. I had one lingering fear and I've taken care of it. Basically, I was afraid of going past 43 weeks. But, I've done the research and now I'm not afraid of that. If it happens, it happens. lol

The only thing that is really and truly bothersome is all of my family and friends calling me every day asking if the baby has been born yet! ROFL In about a week, if she hasn't been born, I'm going to start screening my calls with a message on my voicemail stating that the baby hasn't been born yet and that I'll call everyone when she is. lol

I'll let you guys know too. hehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.