Anyone live in or been in HI? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-10-2005, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am wanting to find this state's laws concerning homebirth & getting a BC afterwards. I have yet to have luck finding Hawai'i's laws in general. Going to the state's homepage I get directed I think to the legislature's home page, but so far I have only been able to access pending legislation. Does anyone know of an alternate source?

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-10-2005, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
To my knowledge it HB is alegal in HI. There are mamas here who have had homebirths here. Check the HI tribe board. You can also probably get some info if you start working the Bradley teacher/LLL circuit.
#3 of 7 Old 03-10-2005, 10:55 AM

Homebirth is alegal in HI.

That said there are midwives hwo practice there and have not had any issues getting BC's for their patients. The HI doula network on Oahu should be able to point you to a few midwives for sure.

I had a UC in HI and had no issues getting a BC, it was actually very easy. Good luck
#4 of 7 Old 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Sabra: Mama to Bobbie (3/02), Linda (1/04), Esther (10/05), Marie (11/10), & Douglas (11/12)

#5 of 7 Old 03-11-2005, 11:38 PM

a friend who freebirthed in HI. she had no problems. i would be happy to ask her for details if you would like.
#6 of 7 Old 03-12-2005, 05:33 PM

I live in HI. Mw who are on a registry (that the mws do) can fill out bc info themselves for their clients. This has been going on for the past 3+ years. Mws are alegal here, but the dept of health wanted to get stats on the hb babes. Supposedly they wanted to make it harder for those who go other routes to get bcs, but I haven't heard that this is the case.
Last time I had to get one, I had to go to the dept of health after taking my son to a doc (to verify his existence?). I don't think you'd have a problem getting one after an UC since not all of the mw are on that registry and their clients get bc just fine.
#7 of 7 Old 03-24-2005, 06:33 PM

I live on Oahu, and my last birth was with a lay-midwife. All I had to do was take a paper signed by her as a witness and they had no problems with getting me a birth certificate.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page