Mothering Forum banner

hows our mommas (due soon)?

897 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Morgraine 
#1 ·
I was looking at the little list of who's who.. and wow we have a lot of mommas due soon.. I am just checking with them all.. how is eveyone feeling.. we are due in about 3-4 weeks (just updated our belly pix too) .. give or take.. we'll see.. but i wanted to send out lots of love to all the mommas.. and wonderful birth blessings!!!!!
It is so exciting so many spring time babies.. sprouting new life in the spring time!!!

#2 ·
Well since you asked

I am mostly ok. Nitetime totally sucks however. My knees ache so bad they wake me up. I have to pee every 10 minutes, that wakes me up. I cannot lay on my back now or I can't beathe but if I lay on either of my sides the muscle right below my left breats aches so bad I wake up. Tried sleeping in a semi upright on the couch but awoke to the most horrid pelvic pain in the world, couldn't walk!

And hungry oh my gosh my appetite returned full force this week and I have been eating like crazy!!

I have been constantly thinking I am definetly going past dates and delivering in April. My main reason for thinking this is that I have not gone into my normal prodromal labor pattern like I have with my last 2 pregnancies. The prodromal usually starts 2-3 weeks before I actually so go into labor. But this time i have only had 2 days of "pre-labor" activity, weeks apart from each other. The first time was due to dehydration and doing too much in one day.

So anyways I am reading up on gentlebirth.org and it says that sometimes blue & black cohosh can cause prodromal labor. I get to thinking back and it hits me, the prodromal labor hit when I started taking the b&b in my RRL tea! No wonder my duaghters prodromal was like clockwork! It would totally explain why I am not having it this time as I have not done anything to encourage ctrx or labor. Heck I just started taking EPO last night, thats something I normally start at 36 weeks lol so now I am just rambling...

I need to update my belly pics before I pop this munchkin out. Hawkfeather you look gorgeous! Now how are YOU feeling?

#3 ·
I second nighttime sucking. My issue is more that I can't breathe than anything else! how on earth does this little bugger have room left in there?? LOL I'm less than 5'0 tall so the end of pregnancy gets very uncomfortable, what with everything being squished.Oh...and my hips hurt a lot. Other than that,I'm fine.

I'm "due" the 27th but I have a feeling baby will be a Full Moon baby and come next week. Could I be so lucky to have a first day of Spring baby?? That would be awesome

#5 ·
MamaGaia--I can't breathe at all anymore, but nighttime is the worst. I am 5'6 and thi sbaby is out of room i can't imagine having less space :LOL But good grief the baby is way way low in my levis but still has her legs/feet in my ribs! How? My gosh this baby is going to be looooong.

Thanks Hotmama
The moon, at least the full moon, has never had any impact on my deliveries so I am not expecting it this time. But my deliveries have fallen the quarter moon after the moon phase they were conceived in, so if that holds true with this one i can xpect it in the 3rd phase, April 2-5 or so.

DH on th eother hand thinks it will be tonight just because he has duty lol

#6 ·
My girls (and me and my mother and my Grandmother....) were all born during a New Moon so I'm betting that since the New Moon has passed, this baby is not a girl. I don't know if this theory has any credibility but we shall see! My boy was a Full Moon baby

Oh...but this end of pregnancy stuff is getting ridiculous.
Yesterday,beginning at 4 p.m., I started to have contrations 7 minutes apart...and then they were 5 minutes..then 4....

Then 10!

then gone.

Urgh.

It's maddening,I tell ya. This baby is such a tease.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenniebug
Thanks Hotmama
The moon, at least the full moon, has never had any impact on my deliveries so I am not expecting it this time. But my deliveries have fallen the quarter moon after the moon phase they were conceived in, so if that holds true with this one i can xpect it in the 3rd phase, April 2-5 or so.
That is SO cool that you know that.

#11 ·
so who takes your pictures hawkfeather? DH or do you set the camera up for a shot? one of the more recent pictures with the light on your belly speaks to me- what a beautiful place to live, so do you explore around much and is this where you live or someplace nearby?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.