***waters broke*** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well my water broke last nigth about 3 ( it is 8 thirthy here now).. contractions but not toomany have started...
but i need some advice and feedback.. the fluid is very slighty (i mean slightly) yellowy maybe light green but i might be paranoid.. i know it is fluid.. comes with mucus and some bloody show.. and gushes when i move..
i wonder what people think about meconium in fluids.. some feedback would be great.. kinda ASAP..thanx all!!!!!!!!
#2 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 01:39 PM

Hmm the mec issue..most always its a NON issue but medicos make it one.. in fact there was research done that stated that deep suctioning for MAS did not improve neonatal outcomes. Even if you have some mec in your waters its not a given your baby is going to inhale it, I had two of my labours with mec in the waters.. without incident of course there are varying degrees of mec, and to further confuse you :LOL amnio is mostly a straw colored fluid but toss some blood in there and well you can get a little variance.. I think the critical thing here is how do *you* feel, is the baby still active are the contractions picking up in intensity? even if they do not right away I would not be too worried.. I will see if I can find the links to the info I had save.. I had it all bookmarked on my old computer :LOL

Sounds like its babytime soon for you! yippeee
#3 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 02:04 PM

No advice, but I've been folowing your pregnancy, and wanted to wish you a safe, easy birth!

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#4 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 02:26 PM

Wishing you a peaceful birth hawkfeather From your description-your waters sound normal. The key is to listen to your inner voice, and go with it. Keep yourself well dydrated and maybe even take some vit. C every couple of hours. From what I remember-green fluid is not a good color, but like a previous poster stated you must take into consideration the color variances considering everything else in the mix. yellow=old meconium which could indicate a brief episode of hypoxia up to a few days ago, this would definately not be a worry if you have been feeling good movement. Green/brown like pea soup would be new meconium and show current or recent compromise. This of course does not mean something is wrong or that baby will apsirate, it just indicates that you should be aware and closely pay attention to baby's movement and your instincts. Hope this helps, it is not by any means to scare you!
I have had two births with meconium in the waters and both babies were fine, my labors were very quick though. Trust yourself and baby, you will know.
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#5 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 02:37 PM

Thinking of you and hoping you have a safe and beautiful birth!
#6 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 02:58 PM

with my first birth my waters broke at 5cm and were the color of split pea soup.my midwife was not concerned.she made sure to suction the baby well when she came out but it never got into her lungs and she was quite healthy.if your water gets any darker or you feel something is wrong then get the heartrate checked.
#7 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 03:01 PM

Have a wonderful birth!

I just want to say I clicked on your belly pic link, and I have shivers after viewing your photos. Those are the most amazing pics I have ever seen. You are a beautiful mama! Wow, just really beautiful pictures, I love them all.
#8 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 03:08 PM

good luck hawkfeather! i wouldnt worry about the mec, unless you *feel* that there is something wrong. trust your intuition, mama! you are describing light msf, which i see frequently with no problems. maybe just keep an extra eye on the baby after the birth, to make sure her respirations dont appear labored (chest retractions, grunting, respiratory rate over 60 for more than an hour or two, nasal flaring, and grunting are all signs).

that being said, everything is fine! happy baby day!

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#9 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 03:21 PM

Hey Hawkfeather,
Jesse from the April board here, just popping in to wish you all the best with your birth! I hope things have picked up & that you will be soon holding your little one in your arms & enjoying the first few moments together with your family!!
#10 of 13 Old 03-23-2005, 06:41 PM

Just wanted to wish you well! I'm awaiting the story!- Laura
#11 of 13 Old 03-24-2005, 03:57 AM

me too me too! I look forward to welcoming your wee one! I don't think meconium is a problem either. Ya'll are in my thoughts.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

#12 of 13 Old 03-25-2005, 01:59 AM

Just wanted to extend my congratulations over here as well! She is just gorgeous!

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#13 of 13 Old 03-25-2005, 03:24 AM

Congats! She is gorgeous!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page