bit more help????? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2005, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am just kinda desperatley looking for some support or feedback.. we have planned this uc allalong but have seen midwives prenataly..
my waters broke at about 3 last night and it is now almost 8 the next night.. and nuttin.. no cervical change to speak of ( i have only checked once.. broken waters and all)..i get contractions but very irregular not strong ..
i have walked and walked.. squatting.. birth ball..i started taking caulophyllum homeopathic blue cohosh...
the midwives are all upset because i didn't do the gbs screen and now have had rom for a while..they talk about inductiony stuff or ob consults and blah blah blah...but the faith i KNOW i need to get things moving is fast going south with this talkin'...i have had two of my births start with wter breaking both times contractions started within an hour or two...
so i am just reaching out here in not a very happy state...
baby is coming.. I just want it to come in a healthy happy way...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2005, 02:07 AM

Wow, peace and blessings upon you, Hawkfeather.

I'm afraid I can't really help you with concrete advice, just want to say, be calm and follow your mother instincts. You know your own strength. Accept help, but don't let anyone bully or confuse you. I'll be off to bed in a few, and will send good dream thoughts your way.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:02 AM

I don't have any advice, but wanted to send you some
~*~peaceful birthing vibes~*~
Old 03-24-2005, 03:44 AM

So, fifteen hours since your water broke? Is it still leaking? Could it have been your forewaters? If not, what is the color of the fluid now? Is the baby moving around plenty? What is your intuition telling you about it? How do you feel?

I can tell you that this sort of thing can be VERY normal, but of course I can't say what it means for you. I wish I could be more help.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:05 AM

I had my waters break 2 weeks before baby was born. (I didn't once tell the midwives either.) There was always good gushing, good movements... choppy contrax, they were irregular for all of those 2 weeks. I just kept hydrated to help baby replace the fluid. Don't let anyone but you or hubby stick their hands inside you. And talk about your fears, dig deep and see if anything is there. Sometimes it is that which sorta stalls out labour. Stop listening to the midwives and listen to yourself. Sit with that baby and see if it's ready to come out, if it's okay, is it moving enough for your satisfaction? Do you need a hardy meal to nourish your body's need for labour?

Just throwing out lots of thoughts, hopefully something there will ring with you. Be at peace, hawkfeather, you'll soar to the heights needed.

Mum to DS (8yrs), DD (6yrs), and DS(3.5yrs). kid.gif

Old 03-24-2005, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Most women go into labor within 24 hours from their water breaking. I agree with Linda - could it be that it was a hind leak or the first layer of the bag? Are you still leaking?

I would just keep everything out of the vagina, monitor your temp if you're concerned at all (though women will see a rise in temp before true labor starts!) and take it easy.

Are you working with mws then? Or unassisted? It's definitely easier to wait for labor to start on its own if you don't have someone else's protocols breathing down your neck. If all is well with baby, I wouldn't spend too much energy trying to force the issue.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:36 AM

With my last birth (4m ago) my water begun to leak on Sunday morning .. I had NO contractions. After drinking water like a fish and taking my temp EVERY half hour I finally had my daughter Thursady evening. When the midwife came to my home I was 5cm and she broke the buldging bag and OMG the pain!!!!!! had a baby on my chest 21 minutes later
Healthy and perfect!
So I would say keep up with the water intake and LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!

User Tag List