UC support thread #16 April 05 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-29-2005, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt.
Arora, I'd keep delaying calling anyone if you're still not sure. I often think "when in doubt, don't." If you're enjoying your pregnancy now -- experiencing just you and your baby -- no need to give the magic away.
Thanks, Kate! Always nice to have your gut feeling reiterated! The thing is, I'm not feeling really connected to this baby yet. I think it's probably the morning sickness and fatigue. As I recall, I really haven't ever enjoyed the first trimester. Just trying to get through it. Then... then... I think I'll feel the magic???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2005, 03:25 PM

The "tub" that is being loaned to me (if I still want it) is a kids' pool. I just figure it will take 30 or more minutes to fill up, then I would have to adjust the temperature by heating water on the stove...

If I use my tub, it may be kinda small, but it will fill in 10 minutes or less. If I need to cool it down or heat it up a bit, it's easy to do.

I need to see the kiddie pool that is being loaned to me. The one good thing about this pool is that it is really beginning to get some energy stored in it from being involved in so many home water births.

I'm sure we will all make the right decisions at the time though. There's really no predicting how we will feel that day. And if it's a long labor, filling up a kiddie pool and doing tasks like that might help to keep us busy, not worrying or anything.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresorchid
I'm sure we will all make the right decisions at the time though. There's really no predicting how we will feel that day. And if it's a long labor, filling up a kiddie pool and doing tasks like that might help to keep us busy, not worrying or anything.
So true!

Oh, so I'm changing my name slightly. I didn't realize there was another Aurora on UB forum. SO, I'm changing to Arora The Explorer... that's not taken... is it!?!?

So, here I sit in first trimester land. It truly seems like the beginning and the end are the longest parts of pregnancy. I don't look pregnant. I feel sick and tired. I feel like I'm so far far far away from really having another baby. Maybe I should twiddle my thumbs a bit until I feel the first flutters. Or perhaps watch paint dry as I away a burgeoning belly. Or perhaps wait for water to boil so I can sterilize my scissors for the cord. Hmm... waiting... waiting... waiting... Nope, still sick and tired.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skim
Heel stick aside, I still need to find someone to attest that the baby is mine within 5 days of birth. And this person must be a registered birth attendant. Sigh....
I had my first UC in WI two years ago. I didn't call to set up registering her until after the birth. They didn't care. They told me I had a year to register. I spoke with the county registrar who checked it all out directly with the state registrar. I didn't have a "registered birth attendant" so they let me use a chiropractor to sign that line of the form. I just kept telling them ,"no, I can't do that", and they miraculously kept coming up with options and exceptions. Don't let them intimidate you. Also, I never did the heel prick/PKU and I never had to sign anything. Her birth certificate came in the mail just as fast as my son's (born with a MW attending).

FWIW, I just had my latest UC in Iowa and they sent me a waiver form for PKU and the small writing says I have a year to register.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiromom
I had my first UC in WI two years ago. I didn't call to set up registering her until after the birth. They didn't care. They told me I had a year to register. I spoke with the county registrar who checked it all out directly with the state registrar. I didn't have a "registered birth attendant" so they let me use a chiropractor to sign that line of the form. I just kept telling them ,"no, I can't do that", and they miraculously kept coming up with options and exceptions. Don't let them intimidate you. Also, I never did the heel prick/PKU and I never had to sign anything. Her birth certificate came in the mail just as fast as my son's (born with a MW attending).

FWIW, I just had my latest UC in Iowa and they sent me a waiver form for PKU and the small writing says I have a year to register.
Thanks for your advice. You really nailed what is going on with us: we do feel intimidated by the birth attendant thing. Since I am seeing a chiropractor weekly, and have chosen UP, too, it seems silly for me to find a totally new practitioner just to fill out the paperwork. And I just hate going into medical places with young children. It is a bit scary to leave it up to the good will of the state/county like that, but we may just choose that route, anyway. We're in Dunn county, a small, mostly rural place, and they might not care at all. Especially if I tell them that "No, I can't do that" over and over... (and I did get your pmail a while back too - thanks for responding!) with confidence.

Why are most other states' rules about birth cert. paperwork so much more sane???

rural mama to DD1 DD2
unschooling, non-vaxing, writing, gardening, co-sleeping, critter-loving family :
Old 05-02-2005, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

may support thread

I started our new thread for the month
Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

Old 05-26-2005, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cresorchid
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask all of you whether you have had painless births>
I'm asking whether and how many of you have had painless births because my stage 1 with my first baby was completely painless–and yet, where they told me that I would have no problems, stage 2, I found quite painful. I've begun to believe that I just rebelled against what I was being told to expect and created a painless stage one and a painful stage 2. But I'm wondering how others have felt.
For me, as long as I stayed loose and listened to my insides I had no pain whatsoever. Two of my labors were posterior, with the baby turning about 15 min before birth. My UC was the longest, but I was tired when I started into labor(don't do it) and had too many people there, trying to be teacher as well as birth attendant as well as mother.... So that was my lesson there. Unfortunately I have not been able to carry another full term since, but I try to teach the moms how to let go, and listen to thier insides, and try to be a wallflower at the births i have attended.

User Tag List