intro - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2005, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, My name is Davetta and I am the mother of two wonderful children (ages 5 and 3). My first child was born in the hospital and my second child was born at home with no medical intervention (UC). I am in the process of writing a research paper on women who take leadership over their own bodies and am looking for women to interview. If anyone is interested in sharing your story, please let me know.

Davetta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2005, 08:07 AM

I might be interested. Is there anything more you can tell me about this?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

It is just a research paper I am writing for a leadership class. My agenda is to show that women who choose unassisted childbirth are taking leadership of their own bodies and are leaders to others by example. I am highlighting the process of becoming a leader by defying the cultural norm of submitting our bodies and leadership over our bodies to the medical establisment. I am going to talk about how doctors first became involved in childbirth and the problems that result from medical childbirths. (I'm personally interested in highlighting these problems because my son almost did not make it through his horrific hopistal childbirth.) I will also talk about why women choose to avoid hospital's all together and why and how they come to birth alone. I will end with how women who UC continue to lead and they share their experience with others.
However, I am writing the paper today and will have it completed tomorrow.
Thanks for your interest but unless we corresponded today, I wouldn't be using the interview.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:34 AM

I hope all goes well with your research paper!

User Tag List