UC in Alberta - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-15-2005, 12:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone had a UC in Alberta? 2 reasons. Dh is freaking out that cps might take our ds away if they find out (I'm guessing he's mostly worried in case of transfer). And, I've tried to find out how to get the baby a birth certificate/health care, but can't seem to get any info.

Thanks!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#2 of 6 Old 05-15-2005, 02:44 AM

I'm not too far, here in B.C. I do know there is one woman on MDC who is an albertan unassisted birther, her user name is andrea, I think, and used to be andrea88.... try to talk to her about it.

I just phoned vital statistics and got them to send me a birth package for the birth attendant (me ) to fill out. I told them what I was doing and everything, and they seemed to understand. I had to get a paper notarized too, and that was a big hassle.

good luck!
#3 of 6 Old 05-15-2005, 04:04 AM

I'm also in BC and planning a UC, so I need this info, too.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#4 of 6 Old 05-15-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla
Anyone had a UC in Alberta? 2 reasons. Dh is freaking out that cps might take our ds away if they find out (I'm guessing he's mostly worried in case of transfer). And, I've tried to find out how to get the baby a birth certificate/health care, but can't seem to get any info.

Thanks!
I didn't have my uc in Alberta, but my dh was in the military (in ga.) and his captain did call cps on us. They were investigating us for medical neglect. The military people were very intrusive. They had the hospital call me on the phone and try to persuade me to bring my daugther in for a check up (this was the day she was born.) I refused and told them that I was not bringing her in and that I was taking her to an off post pediatrician for a two-day check up. CPS showed up at my house on day two, while dh and I were at the pediatricians'. They talked to my MIL and she informed them where we were. They came back the next day. We talked to them about my birth and my ability to determine if my children were in need of medical attention. The ladies were fortunately understanding and said some people were just busy-bodies and everything looked good and not to worry. I don't know if I would have rushed out on day 2 to the peditricians, but I knew that the military was intent on causing problems. They sent dh's captain to our house the day after my daughter was born to check up on us and make sure that I wasn't be forced to stay away from the hospital. (The captain was amazed that I was up walking around after I just had a baby.) Dh was also called in from leave so that the mp could read him his rights. Anyway, my point is that in my case the cps workers saw that we were well informed about childbirth and that neither of my children were being neglected and it worked out.

Davetta, mom to Aaron (5)hb and Sophie (3) uc.
#5 of 6 Old 05-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Banned

Also, in case of a transfer, can't you just be like, "whoooops didn't make it in time" type thing...what are they going to do???

Also, in terms of the birth certificate and so on---they aren't going to deny you that...they always want to be able to keep track of you

What I would do is in the event of a safe UC...is take your baby a few days later (provided you feel okay and all is well with baby) to a doctor for a full check up and get a record of that so you can show what caring, responsible parents you are then file the birth certificate ...

Good luck
#6 of 6 Old 05-15-2005, 06:06 PM

hey, I work at a hospital and have all the papers if you want me to get them for you. Or call one of the midwives in town and ask them. They have them too.

DD april 4/06, DS April 2/08. Someone new in fall '12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page