New here... - Mothering Forums
Unassisted Childbirth > New here...
Mamaperk's Avatar Mamaperk 05:48 PM 05-15-2005
Hello! I'm Sherry and this is my first post on the Mothering.com UC board ... I am currently pregnant with our 5th baby - due somewhere around 12/21 (Merry Christmas!) ... we're planning our second unassisted pregnancy and birth.

You can read our first UC baby's birth story here:
http://ucbirth.com/dylan.htm

I look forward to getting to know all of the other UC Mamas on this board!

Zamber's Avatar Zamber 06:47 PM 05-15-2005
WELCOME

I tried to view your birth story, but it wouldn't work. However, I did notice it was on the Shanley's UC website, so I'll look around there.
teachinmaof3's Avatar teachinmaof3 07:07 PM 05-15-2005
Welcome!!!
citizenfong's Avatar citizenfong 11:46 PM 05-15-2005
Hey, Sherry! You don't have to GET to know me, you already DO. :LOL

Good to see you here. Your wisdom and experience will be welcome here, I think...
amyjeans's Avatar amyjeans 11:48 PM 05-15-2005
Welcome Mama! Happy Pregnancy and Birth to you!!!

laurashanley's Avatar laurashanley 01:13 AM 05-16-2005
Hi Sherry! Here's the new URL for your story - http://ucbirth.com/ucstories/dylan.html

Welcome to the Mothering boards!
Laura
Aurora's Avatar Aurora 02:19 PM 05-16-2005
Welcome! Beautiful birth story, it has me teary eyed.
teachinmaof3's Avatar teachinmaof3 03:15 PM 05-16-2005
Beautiful story!!!!
Mamaperk's Avatar Mamaperk 09:26 PM 05-16-2005
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Laura, thanks for the new link to my birth story. I completely forgot that you are redoing the website!

Tracy ... :::: waving :::: nice to see you. :LOL

teachinmaof3, Aurora, amyjeans, nice to 'meet' you.

Zamba, Laura sent the new link to my birth story so I hope you have a chance to read it.

I don't know why it took this long to get my tush over here to this board! I'm a UC addict!!!
Zamber's Avatar Zamber 11:12 PM 05-16-2005
Quote:
Zamber, Laura sent the new link to my birth story so I hope you have a chance to read it.
Yes I did - beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

Quote:
I don't know why it took this long to get my tush over here to this board! I'm a UC addict!!!
Same here! Funny I join this site AFTER I have my UC :LOL ! Oh well, better late than never!
Rockies5's Avatar Rockies5 01:11 AM 05-17-2005
Welcome and congrats! I'm very happy to meet you. I'm also cookin baby #5, and second UC

Best to you.

Carrie
Mamaperk's Avatar Mamaperk 10:05 AM 05-17-2005
Carrie,
Congratulations! How has the response been to your good news? I braced myself for people's negative reactions but pretty much, people have surprised me and been happy for us. We haven't shared our news with too many from DH's family though ... his mother will be negative and he doesn't feel like dealing with it, so he's just not telling her yet. Mostly people have been excited for us - especially at the thought of a Christmastime baby.
tryinghardmomma's Avatar tryinghardmomma 03:38 AM 05-20-2005
I was like, OK then there is a good chance I know you too... had to go to your website. OH has grown SO much. THAT HAIR! OH my. Glad to see y'all here.
Mamaperk's Avatar Mamaperk 09:38 AM 05-20-2005
Hi Amy! I try to keep "Mamaperk" on most of my boards so people will recognize me.

How are your adorable kiddos doing?
Up