wanted to thank you guys - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-20-2005, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For this thread and the wonderful amount of resources I found here. I'm new to this forum, but have been lurking around, reading everything I can.

I started to have very explicit dreams about unassisted birth at the start of this pregnancy. I had no idea that it might even be a possibility with the ultra-medicalized paranoia that we are raised in.

This forum and the links have really opened my eyes, and my heart on many levels. I can't express how much freer I feel reading your stories.

I'm not sure I'm going to make the leap to UC, but my gut instinct says I might just do it and pretend I "just didn't make it in time". I'm not sure I'm up for the battling with the many conservatives that surround me. Even my best friend is trying to "influence" me into believing a major surgery like c-section is God's gift to women. So, I want to keep it to myself.

I have a very good OB that might as well be a midwife, so I'm not looking to just quit going, as I haven't jumped out of having help with prenatal care.

I think there might very well be a "reason" I'm supposed to be doing this labor on my own - and for more than just the horrible hospital experience that traumatized me.

I'm in an area that has no homebrith midwives, and no birth centers. I was feeling pretty uptight thinking I'd have to confront and battle the hospital again. That's when I came across the idea of a chosen UC.

My one concern is that I had one day of spotting, which I made the mistake of telling my friend about. She was upset I didn't just call the OB immediately - but I was only 17 weeks, and really, what would they have done? Run up my doctor/test bills to tell me to stay off my feet and monitor it, but at this stage there's nothing they can do if anything is wrong, which was my intuition on the situation anyway?

I haven't had any spotting since then, two weeks ago. I think I know what caused it, but even her alarm has set me back on the knowledge I have in my own body.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I am glad this board is here, and to thank you for sharing your stories.

findinside
#2 of 4 Old 05-20-2005, 04:50 PM

welcome findinside!!! I'm so glad that you found us! MDC is a great resource to have, for sure... especially the UC forum.

I have my unassisted birth story in my sig line if you want to read it!

welcome again and feel free to feel free!
#3 of 4 Old 05-20-2005, 09:12 PM

Welcome!!!! I hope you find everything you are seaching for!
#4 of 4 Old 05-21-2005, 01:40 AM

this is a great group of women. lots of confident, self-possessed mamas here to commisserate with. welcome.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page