Nov/Dec/Jan UCrs (WINTER birthers, come on in!) - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 114 Old 07-14-2005, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't believe I have ever posted in this board before. We are expecting baby #4, we had a home waterbirth last time and are planning another home waterbirth this time. I wasn't too sure on unassisted to begin with but when all midwives I contacted in the province declined me (because of distance) I decided to just still go ahead with a homebirth again. My midwife (from my 3rd) and I have talked a bit about what the expect and we will talk more on the phone as time passes.

Anyway, thought I would say hi.
#92 of 114 Old 07-14-2005, 09:11 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to post!

Wishing you all a happy pregnancy & wonderful birth!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#93 of 114 Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa, I wish you peace and time for healing. I'm so sorry that your sweet babe passed on. You will be in my thoughts. Much love and peace to you.
#94 of 114 Old 07-14-2005, 09:34 PM

Lisa, I"m sorry.

I wanted to say good luck to all the ladies here, but I have decided to pursue finding a midwife in earnest. I talked it over with a friend, and she basically said the same thing that I was thinking, that if I didn't feel 100% for UC, that I shouldn't do it. I bet I'll do it for the next one though, so expect me back in a couple years!
#95 of 114 Old 07-14-2005, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Persephone, way to follow your heart. That's always always the best thing to follow. May you have a wonderful birth and feel empowered by motherhood! Please, don't feel like you can't hang here though! You never know, you may decide not to call the MW. It happens. Hope you find just the right person to assist you with your pregnancy and birth should you decide.

Brandy! Welcome! Sorry, I didnt' see your post before. Glad to have you here. Looking forward to learning from you.
#96 of 114 Old 07-18-2005, 12:53 AM

You all are going to laugh at me, or roll your eyes, or both. But now that I've decided to find a midwife (there's one I really like, and one I'm pretty sure I won't like), I feel so great about the birth and the baby and my body that I feel like I could go UC if I wanted to!... Perhaps this is a sign that I *should* continue on the midwife path... Oh, I'm such a geek!
#97 of 114 Old 07-20-2005, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Persephone, I always try to listen to that "feel so great" emotion. I know I've hit on something good when I find that. Something must be working for you. Remember, there are many colors of the rainbow and many shades of UC. Finding the color that suits you and your family best is what really counts, not the definition of words.
#98 of 114 Old 07-21-2005, 03:08 PM

persehone: it's ok. still hang out here though, as we change our minds so frequently while pregnant!!

recall I was feeling great with UP/UC? now I've got a mw and have seen her once already :LOL I'm no longer making declarations about how birth will be I imagine it will be UC, and FAST as that's all my imagination can bring up at this point. I'm just waiting to find out. I'd like the mw to file the bc, and collect as much as she wants from my insurance company. I'd like her to party with us over our newest baby, but I really don't want her presence for labor or birthing.

Oh and I agree about the brewer diet. I have no problem with it, if thats the way you'd like to eat. I don't think it makes babies big, either. But it has no real science backing it up AND it's way too much food!! It's unnatural eating, if you're doing it just because your mw or a book told you to...and you don't like or want those foods.... ah well, time to get busy with the rest of the day. I say it's fine (brewer) if you crave and your baby is asking for that. Its fine as a control IF you have previously had HBP and think it would help. ButI'm partial to doing what makes you happiest durring pregnany and if thats ice cream for breakfast and a beansalad for lunch, so be it.

My babies have all bee around the 8.5-9lb mark, I think thats perfect for me.

on another board there was a discussion that would make you ladies SICK! They were toting the benefits of c-sections!! Now, I know there are some benefits...but they were all agreeing (and I'm imagining them sitting around in size 1 capris, with their nails done drinking diet cokes planning their boob jobs) that natural birth is not only "gross and messy and painful" but it CAUSES sexual problems later in life, ROTFL. if anything I think birth IMPROVES your sex life (confidence, comfort and power to get what you need or want) so I said so. So then they started a pool and they were unanimous in agreeing that it is DISTURBING to think of sex and birth as related. I mean, I do live on the same planet with these women. I watch the same tv shows and vote and everything so how can their ideals be so alien to me?? anyone, I thought it was fun/funny and interesting.

have a good afternoon. anyone have name lists to share?

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#99 of 114 Old 07-21-2005, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies5
So then they started a pool and they were unanimous in agreeing that it is DISTURBING to think of sex and birth as related.
How the hell do they think those babies get in there??

What whackos.

I just finished reading Moran's "Pleasurable Husband/Wife Childbirth" and loved it (well, the 1st, non-religious half). I felt so guilty for having a midwife catch my first after reading it - how emasculating for our men to have us turn to someone else during this time. My own dh said he felt so disempowered and useless after her birth (which is why we changed things the 2nd time around, and caught our son ourselves). No wonder all these hospital/elective c-section marriages are so screwed up.

Kelli, radical unschooling mama to four beautiful homebirthed lovies (ages 14, 9, 5, and 19 months) 
#100 of 114 Old 07-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Hi!

Please remove me from this thread. I miscarried so I don't follow these posts much anymore. I keep getting new posts from Persephone in my e-mail box. So, I guess I'll just delete them for now. I am so glad I was able to follow what you all were up to for a little while anyway. My unsolicited advice: always have a trusted emergency contact.

Be well,

Lisa
#101 of 114 Old 07-21-2005, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. Only you can turn off your subscription to the thread. You must have selected to receive e-mails when posts were made. To turn off the subscription, you edit one of your previous posts and select the subscription that you want. Thank you for your advice. Wishing you peace.

So... as a group, it seems like we're having some mid-pregnancy shifts, huh? My Dh is now feeling really concerned about UC. Arg. It's so clear in my mind that UC is the best way for us to birth this baby! I get frustrated by him! He wants to hire the MW we've used in the past, but he doens't like the amt of $ being charged and keeps saying, we really should consider the hospital!?!?!? OMG! I'm am SOOOO angry about that! I have told him point blank there is no way I'm ever birthing in a hospital! I have no clue where all this is coming from! If $ is the concern... UC is free! I just don't get where he's comign from. He's just too afraid something will go wrong with UC. We live 2 mins from the hospital. It's not like if the baby seemed unhealthy we'd have 5 hours to drive for medical care. Goodness!!! I'm really upset! I want a book to throw at him. I want something!!! I am willing to compromise, but I'm not willing to compromise too much. Afterall, I'm the one birhting here.

I'm really trying to explore my NEEDS vs my WANTS. I NEED space, alone time, to be in control and not to feel intruded upon. I WANT no medical personnel present for my birth. I don't want to have a MW sitting down stairs (or upstairs if we're down) while I birth. I want her to be at home and willing to take a phone call if we get concerned. I NEED to not see her at all if she is called. I don't WANT to pay money for a service I don't WANT. Ug. Why the heck do babies NEED two parents!?!? (just kidding on that last one!)
#102 of 114 Old 07-22-2005, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Why the heck do babies NEED two parents!?!? (just kidding on that last one!)
They don't But your stuck with the one you were crazy enough to marry :LOL

Seriously?
#103 of 114 Old 07-22-2005, 09:33 AM

I'm just checking in at 20.5 weeks! Doing great with my first (unassisted) pregnancy. I'm feeling lots of kicks now and Dh and I can hear the heartbeat with a fetoscope. Aside from the nasty summer cold I've had the past 3 days, I'm feeling wonderful! I love how tuned in I am to my body.

The worst thing right now is that I'm fully enmeshed in the web of lies. I thought I'd be able to just not mention doctor's appointments and everyone would assume I was going. But apparently my mom, sister, and mil need details or they get suspicious. So I've fabricated all kinds of stuff. I have said that I'm refusing all invasive testing and ultrasounds. My sister thinks not getting an ultrasound is reckless and stupid and she won't quit trying to change my mind. She keeps bringing up my cousin, who had a pregnancy terminated because the baby had a terminal kidney defect. The baby's kidneys were filling with urine he couldn't excrete. She keeps saying things like, "What if there's a problem they can prepare for...do you want your baby to suffer..." etc, etc. Then I tell her about the possible risks and she calls me a hippy. Sigh.

Anyhoo, I wish I didn't have to do all this lying, but if the alternative is more harassment I'm happy to fib.

Amy
#104 of 114 Old 07-22-2005, 11:18 AM

I am having a hard time keeping track of this thread with all of the pages ... I've 'Subscribed' to it but still seem to have difficulty keeping track of everyone or getting to know you all.

I'm starting a yahoo group for us, if anyone is interested.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/UCMamas/

This group will be for those of us due around the same time (Nov '05 - Jan '06) ** give or take ** so we can support and encourage each other. Pass it on to any other Fall/Winter UC Mamas you may know.

I see no reason why the 'mainstream mamas' can have due date buddies but not us MUCH more interesting UC Mamas!!! :LOL
#105 of 114 Old 07-22-2005, 02:40 PM

Just sending my support to Arora and others!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#106 of 114 Old 07-22-2005, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori
They don't But your stuck with the one you were crazy enough to marry :LOL
:LOL You're RIGHT! And, they don't NEED two parents do they!!! I guess, that's just another WANT on my list of WANTS, huh???
#107 of 114 Old 07-25-2005, 11:31 PM

hey Arora! I say just do whatever you already are, and wait dh out. It's late summer here, so you've got at least a few months for him to come around. Maybe he's just thinking of all the options and making a finances-only decision. I agree he should know better, but that's way God gave him YOU, I supppose. YOu're d@mn straight it's your choice and your birth. I had to hedge and play along a little for my other UC, and dh was pretty much ready for it when I spelled it all out to him. ("this is the way we do it or it costs you THIS much") Sneaky I know, but it did work. He really doesn't want a UC, but I planing for solo anyhow. I mean if *I* wasn't even 100% sure of the birth day last time, I'm certain I can keep my labor to myself again this time. It'll be so sweet.

I still haven't told most people we're pregnant.

MIL just called this am to give dh her "itenerary" of her trip out here next month (I swear she JUST LEFT !!!!) so now it's TWO weeks instead of 5 days. No wonder she just spoke with her son...I'd have said NO! and WHY! and don't you have anything better to do then VISIT??

I don't know that could make it without a place like this to visit. It's refreshing.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#108 of 114 Old 07-27-2005, 01:19 PM

I lost our sweet baby on Monday. She was so little and beautiful.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#109 of 114 Old 07-27-2005, 02:38 PM

Oh Aurora, I am so sorry.
#110 of 114 Old 07-27-2005, 04:02 PM

Oh I am so very sorry.
There are no words to express how sad I feel for your loss.
You are in my prayers.
#111 of 114 Old 07-27-2005, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, Aurora! My heart pours out for you. I'm so sorry.

Carrie, thank you so much for your support and reassurance. I really do feel like he will come back around, but it's SO nice to hear someone else say that, too!!! I hope people are joyous when you tell them that you're pregnant again and if not... they're just silly!

Goodness, Aurora. I'm just so sorry.
#112 of 114 Old 07-27-2005, 07:09 PM

I'm so sorry, Aurora. Strength and Healing to you. . .

Kelli, radical unschooling mama to four beautiful homebirthed lovies (ages 14, 9, 5, and 19 months) 
#113 of 114 Old 07-28-2005, 12:59 PM

Thank you all.

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

#114 of 114 Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 PM

I am very sad for your loss and will also miss you. May your little one rest in His hands, life is fullfilled and his purpose complete. You are always welcome here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page